Chap. 17

*Kylie*

"How bad?" I ask running up to Bryan worriedly. My hands were shaking violently and I couldn't stop shivering.

It scares me to think that someone could hurt Colton. Colton is the nicest one out of the whole group and if someone put him in the hospital, what would happen to the rest of us?

"They beat the shit out of him. You shouldn't go in." Bryan sighs angrily. I bolted to his room before Bryan could stop me and when I got there I had to do a double take.

He had cuts all on his arms like someone was cutting him while he was getting beat. His eye was purple, his nose was crooked, and his lip was busted badly. I went to his side stroking his hair letting tears run down my face.

"You must be Kylie." An older woman with dark brown hair and light blue eyes said walking towards me. Her eyes had bags under them and she had on tan capris with a pastel green sweater. She looked sad and I couldn't help but notice the coffee in her hand matched the 3 cups of coffee on the table beside his bed.

"I'm Colton's mom." She says putting her hand out for me to shake. When I shook her hand she sat down in a chair beside Colton's bed and cried.

"Asher said some kids from another school jumped him. Colton is so sweet so I don't understand why they would hurt him." She cried. I pulled a chair up beside her and took her hands in mine.

"He's going to be ok Ms.Whittaker." I stated giving her a reassuring smile. She thanked me as I slowly exited the room. Bryan was on the phone with someone and Jesse went in the room to be polite. She didn't really know Colton but she felt bad about what happened.

I locked eyes with Bryan and mouthed 'where's Asher'. He pointed to the door where the stairs were and continued on his phone. I hurried into the staircase and immediately saw Asher.

He looked deep in thought while biting his fingernails. His eyes weren't focused on anything and he didn't move when I shut the door.

"Hey

"Hey.." I say slowly trying to gauge his reaction. He looked up at me angrily with blood shot eyes. He sighed with relief when he saw it was me.

We sat there silently for what seemed like hours until darkness clouded my vision and I fell into a dreamless sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Slowly opening my eyes I take in my surroundings. I'm back at the hideout but Jesse isn't with me and my bandage is changed. Who..?

Asher walks in the room with pancakes, bacon, and orange juice . He sets it in front of me and I immediately start scarfing it down with no question.

"You fell asleep on the staircase so I brought you back here and changed your bandage." Asher says softly. "What about Jesse?" I ask worried.

He points to a sleeping Jesse on the floor in the corner of the room. I sigh with relief and go to wake her. I kick her slightly yelling "WAKE UP SLEEPING BEAUTY!"

She shoots up with crust in her eyes and slob on her mouth darting her head in different directions. I roll over laughing and Asher cackles beside me. She wipes the drool off of her mouth and glares at us and we bust out laughing again.

"Yeah laugh it up." Jesse mumbles stealing a piece of bacon off my plate. A pillow hits my face and she smirks sitting on the couch in front of me.

"Colton is coming home today." Asher smiles happily. Oh my god that's amazing! It's only been a couple of hours and I miss him already so hearing that he's coming home makes me extremely happy.

"Does Bryan know? Matter of fact, where is he?" I ask. Asher points to the door saying "He's outside and yeah he knows."

I open the door to and walk outside to see Bryan sitting on the ground smoking a cigarette. The closer I get I start to see the blood on his hands and nose.

"Bryan are you ok? What the hell happened? Omg come inside you ne-" My rambling is cut off by Bryan

"I'm ok. I got into a fight with some guys talking about Colton and they got one good hit in. If you're worried about me you should see them." He says emotionless, taking a drag of his cigarette.

When I don't move he looks up at me and raises an eyebrow. I snatch the cigarette from his hand and crush it with my foot. My foot burns from being barefoot but I don't care. He glares at me, getting up he kicks my foot away from the cigarette and starts to trudge back toward the building.

"Bryan it's ok to be sad you know." I say softly. He stops in his tracks and turns around slowly. He's suddenly standing right in front of me, glaring, so close I can feel his breath between my eyes. I start to back up but Bryan does something unexpected.

He hugs me. He hugs me so tight I can't breathe.

I'm speechless at the close contact but I'm even more stunned at the fact that he didn't let go for more than a minute

I'm speechless at the close contact but I'm even more stunned at the fact that he didn't let go for more than a minute. I can't believe he just hugged me. What does this mean? My heart races at the possibilities.

"Thank you." He says softly and then walks back into the building leaving me to my own thoughts.

A/N: Another update wow
Bryan is warming up to Kylie a bit more
The next chapter is probably going to be some Kryan bonding so be ready 😉
Anyway hoped you enjoyed and don't forget to vote
I think my updating schedule should be Saturday and Sunday so I'll try
Bye