Chapter Five

----*Cast change* I changed Taylor Momsen as Eden & replaced her with Brittany Robertson. The only time I'd seen Taylor Momsen was on Gossip Girl & I'd recently seen a picture of her actual self, & she sorta scared me. So I thought that Britt Robertson fit Eden's character better.---

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay. It has been a while since I've last uploaded, but I got stuffs going on & I've been about. I apologize. This chapter is actually going to be dealing with a slightly more serious subject, even though I said that it would have Amelia-Spencer banter. I just couldn't really put anything really funny after what they say, so I PROMISE I will have plenty of bickering in chapter 6!

Love you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Just shoot me.

      Please.

     I guess the whole being paired up with Spencer effect didn't really hit me until I walked into class on Wednesday and saw him sitting at my---excuse me, our ---desk, talking to his sort-of-cute best friend, Josh Ciro.

      Since I didn't exactly care about being rude to him, I plopped my heavy bag right on top of the desk, over whatever papers he was writing on. I heard him breathe through his nose in that I-am-so-annoyed sigh-ish things people do when they're about to agree to something they don't really wanna do.

       They immediately stopped talking, so I could only guess Spencer was bitching to Josh about my being his partner.

      "Hi, Ames."

       For a second I thought it was Spencer, trying to be sarcastic-nice to me, and not use my full name. But when I looked up, I saw Josh looking at me, with a very interested look on his face. Ohhh-kaaay.

       Josh Ciro was the kind of guy that didn't really talk to girls like me, since he was that verging-on-being-popular, and since he was Spencer Katz' best friend and anyone who has any respect for Spencer doesn't talk to me.

      But there he was, looking straight at me, waiting for my reply.

      "Um, hi." I tried to sound calm, collected, and totally chill, but being me that didn't work out so well. It came out sounding like a question, so I could only imagine he was thinking, She is such a nerd.

       For a good twenty seconds it was so dead silent I kinda wanted to cry, with Spencer giving Josh that WTF? look. I looked around the room, trying to look like I was busy or something. Luckily, Mrs. Blinks "sauntered" (make that try to enter the room looking sexy, but resembled like she had squirrel down the back of her pants) in and Josh walked back to Mikey Byrle, looking somewhat . . . reluctant?

       "Morning, children!" Our teacher trilled. "I hope you and your partner have gotten along, and that you two are becoming fast friends."

       Or starting to hate each other just a little bit more than usual, I thought to myself. God, was the woman that dense? How could she not obviously see that Spencer and I could just not work together?

       "Now, to change things up a bit, I have prepared some subject topics that you and your partner will discuss. Such as, favorite family vacation, most memorable holiday, et cetera. Please, though, be thorough and descriptive. After you've both gone through your stories---which should not be until near the end of class---you may come to me and pick out of the basket again. Okay?"