Chapter Three

Wow! This book has been really fun to write, and hopefully you guys will like this chapter! I've worked pretty hard on it, but it isn't my bestest work in the world, but maybe you'll enjoy. Super sorry its taken me so long to upload, but I have sooo much stuff going on right now ;)

love ya!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I think that is how the end of the world felt.

      You know that sinking feeling you get in the pit of your stomach you get when something really horrible happens and it's like nothing in the world could possibly make anything better? Well, welcome to my world. And to make it worse, Devon hadn't looked at me once that day! We'd passed each other like six times in the hall, and not so much as a single glance my way. What a coward.

      But what's worse is that Dad could tell something is up at dinner that night. He kept looking at me with that face of confusion that just screamed, Tell me what's wrong! If only it were that simple. He kept saying things like, "Anything you wanna talk about?" or "So, what's up with life?" like I would just spill my heart and soul for him on the spot. To make it totally less awkward, my little sister, Regina, just sat there staring at me.

     So there I was, sitting in my bed at nine o'clock at night trying to write a History essay on the French Revolution but really just lost in my own little world. After deciding that I would not be getting it done any time soon, I got up, stretched, and walked over to the big window on that basically was an entire wall. Only the crappy part was, it looked directly in the window of our neighbors. The Katz'. Please, take a wild guess at just whose room it was.

     So, if you could imagine, I had those curtains drawn pretty much day and night. No chance of letting Spencer be able to see into my room. Though, there was that one time when I was changing and the curtains weren't closed all the way and he could see me in my bra for about five seconds before I jumped like a freaking ninja and closed them.

     I walked over to my laptop and flipped it open. I logged on and then opened Skype. Usually, I did late-night web surfing when I could't think of anything better to do. But  I needed to talk to Eden. She'd be able to help me. Only she wasn't online. 

    But like almost every night at nine, Devon was on. I hadn't found time to delete him yet, and it seemed like he hadn't either.

     I jumped in my chair when he messaged me.

      devonmarks09: Hey

      I stared at the screen, not knowing if I should reply or not.  I mean, he sent me a message first, so  I wouldn't seem clingy or anything, but what if I wrote something to long and it sounded like I was being his girlfriend when I obviously was not anymore? I settled on something simple.

     ames.FTSK76: hi

      I'd chosen that name after I heard of Forever the Sickest Kids, and they'd become my favorite band.

     His reply was instant.

     devonmarks09: What are you doing?

     ames.FTSK76: nothing. finishing homework. u?