Chapter 5

Im a believer, got a fever running through my bones.

"Oh my god. Okay everyone act natural, act natural!" Matthew said fixing his hair and standing up straight as Oakley approached our group.
"Hey Matthew, and uh guys, I was wondering if you could help me train for track? I'm a little behind and we have our first race next week. " Oakley said giving an awkward smile.
"Yeah uh, sure dude, so, uhm, when do you wanna, uh, you know, train?" Matthew stumbled on his words.
"Tomorrow night work? We could meet at the track after school or something?" Oakley asked.
"See ya there buddy. " Matthew reached out for a fist pound. Oakley held a laugh back giving off a smirk and returned the fist pound walking away.
"Whew. I think I sounded pretty cool." Matthew flipped his imaginary long hair.
"You called him buddy and stumbled on your words about 500 times, is that cool in your dictionary?" Eli punched him on the shoulder laughing.

I sat in class thinking about how dumb I looked in front of my friends the other day. I bet they thought I was crazy going on about this bunny eared boy.
"Finn," my teacher called, " why don't you head down to the library, you're distracted today and we can't have that in class."
I grabbed my books and gave a sympathetic smile to my teacher; walking out of the class and heading towards the library.
Maybe I should stop trying to talk to wander boy and just leave him alone and let it all go.
As I walked through the isles of books one book stuck out of the shelf more than the others which sparked my interest. I picked it up examining the cover, how to catch a rabbit, it said. I laughed to myself and put it back on the shelf. How ironic.