Ripper

Kate could hear her heart pounding in her ears. She was surrounded by the Mikaelsons and covered in blood, but all she could think about was how hunger she was. She felt as if she hadn't ate in months. She was worried and anxious and excited to the point she felt that she might pass out.

"Kate?" Klaus whispered, inching close to her cautiously.

"I was shot," she whispered, not even looking at him. "I should be dead."

"You are, love. I slipped you some of my blood earlier to protect you, and you died with it in your system," Kol started to explain.

Kate's head was pounding. Visions flew through her head, memories, but they all seemed new to her. The compulsion she had gone under for so long to cover up any trace of vampirism was unraveling.

"I'm a vampire," she whimpered. Immediately, Rebekah was at her side embracing her. Kate was overwhelmed. She felt millions of emotions, each one flooding throughout her entire body.

"Kate," Klaus started, reaching out for her hand. "You have a choice: either you can pass on and die from the bullet, or you can feed and become a vampire forever. We will respect any choice you make."

Kate looked around at the only family she ever knew. She couldn't let that go. She looked up at Klaus. "I'll feed," she whispered.

Life as a vampire suited Kate. She became more energetic and wild in only a matter of two days. The Mikaelsons taught her the art of compulsion and feeding. Unfortunately, she couldn't figure out how to stop. It was her own little secret. Kate had killed dozens of people in two days, hiding each corpse out of embarrassment. She didn't want to be cast out by her family.

Kol sat in the dining room by himself, sipping away at a blood bag. "Even though you're a vampire I can still here you coming," he toyed. Kate sauntered into the room and laced her arms around Kol. With her emotions heightened, their relationship had become much more intense and passionate. Kate could feel the veins grow on her face with the intoxicating smell of blood. Kol laughed and handed her the bag.

"Thirsty," he asked.

"Parched," she chirped before sucking down a gulp of the cold liquid. The second the vile liquid hit her tongue, Kate began coughing.

"Are you alright?" Kol asked with concern. Kate shook her head.

"How can you drink this? It's cold and you can't feel the artery pumping the blood into your mouth. It's disgusting," she coughed. Kol shook his head and laughed. He walked over and slipped on his coat. "Where are you going?" Kate asked.

"I'm going to get my girl a proper drink," he purred. Excited, Kate jumped up and followed him into the night. They went outside of a bar, which seemed to be packed that evening.

"Go wait in the alley while I choose," he instructed, to which Kate obliged. As promised, Kol came back minutes later with a young girl on his arm. Kate's hunger masked any sort of jealousy she had. Without wasting a second, she pounced on the poor girl. Once she tasted the first drop, she couldn't stop. Each ounce made her crave that much more.

"Don't drain her," Kol teased. He noticed that Kate had become hungrier, and the girl looked as if the life was being sucked out of her. "Kate," he called, grabbing her shoulder. "You have to stop or you'll kill her," he pleaded.

"I can't," Kate moaned in between gulps. "I'm so hungry." In a second, the poor girl's head was rolling on the ground next to them, finally allowing Kate to pull back and admire her work. "Oh my gosh," she whimpered.

"It's okay," Kol whispered, "it happens every now and then. Kate looked at him with an expression that could have knocked him over.

"This is the 26th person I killed, Kol. There's something wrong with me," she cried. Kol pulled her in close.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could've helped-"

"Why did you give me your blood?" she asked, ignoring the current situation. Kol was taken aback by the question.

"You were hurt the day before, I compelled you to forget so I could heal you," he lied.

"Tell me the truth, Kol. Why did I die with your blood in my system?" she demanded. Kol reached out and took her hands in his.

"The truth is, I couldn't go another day without knowing that you would be mine forever. I planned on turning you myself-"

"You planned on killing me?" she spat.

"Yes, but-"

"You turned me into a monster without even asking me!" she cried, dropping his hands.

"Kate, please," Kol cried, reaching out to her.

"You are a monster, Kol Mikaelson. Your entire family is. I will never forgive you," she spat. She sped off into the night, starting her run from the Mikaelsons that lasted over a century.