Genivive

"Mom?" she whispered. Genivive smiled.

"I missed you," she exclaimed, pulling Kate in for a hug. "You've grown up so much!"

"Mom, how?" Kate asked.

"I never went into that tomb," she explained, "Katherine saved me."

Kate's mind was clouded. Did Katherine really save her? Was she actually a good person?

"Why didn't you come back for me?"

"I tried, I really did, but it's not as easy as you think. I had to keep you and Katherine safe by giving Klaus fake leads." Kate cringed at the mention of his name.

"I've missed you so much," she whispered.

"My daughter, I've missed you too. Now come on, we have to get your things and go," she said, whisking Kate off.

"Go where?" she asked.

"Well, Mystic Falls is full of people who would turn Katherine in. We can only keep her hidden here for so long."

"We're going on the run?" Kate asked.

"Of course. We have to protect Katherine," Genivive explained, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Mom, why do we have to help her? She tried to kill me!" Kate cried. Genivive froze and turned around. In a flash, she slapped Kate across the face.

"She knew what she was doing that night! She slipped you her blood earlier. You ruined everything when you ran off to Charleston!" Genivive scolded. Kate stayed silent and followed Genivive to a motel. They walked up the steps and into a room.

Kate's blood boiled at the site of Katherine Pierce.

"What took you so long," she muttered.

"We had a little argument," Genivive explained. The mark on Kate's face burned.

"Did you get her things?" Katherine asked.

"No, not yet."

"Well, what are you waiting for? Go get them!" Katherine demanded.

Kate and Genivive sped off to the Salvatore house. "Go get your things, and be quick about it," Genivive instructed.

Kate sped upstairs and started to pack her belongings. "Where are you going," Damon asked. He saw Kate leave the party and came back to the house, hoping to find her here. He knew something was wrong. He might have had to wait for an hour, but he knew he had to.

"I've stayed too long," Kate muttered, trying not to attract too much attention.

"You've been here three days," he joked.

"Well, I've got to go."

"Go where?"

"Just, somewhere!" Kate yelled. She mentally hit herself. Now he knew there was something up.

Damon was about to say something when Stefan called. "Damon!" he yelled. "There are some people here you might want to see!"

Damon and Kate sped down the stairs. Genivive stood there, with Katherine.