Return

Kate, Stefan, Elena, Bonnie, and Caroline walked into Mr. Saltzman's history class. They all took their usual seats while Kate walked up to the teacher. She took a seat in the back of the class and pulled out her book.

"Okay," Mr. Saltzman started. Suddenly, the door to the classroom opened. "Ms. Mikaelson, what a surprise," he joked. Kate looked up from her book to get a look at the girl.

She'd know her anywhere. Her platinum blonde hair stood out against her gently tanned skin. Even her walk was the same as it was back in the 1800s.

Kate ducked, trying not to be noticed. If she left now, Rebekah would definitely know it was her. She had to tough it out for the rest of class.

Mr. Saltzman went on teaching for the rest of the period. Fortunately, he never called on Kate. She stared at the clock, trying to will it to move faster. As soon as the bell rang, she'd bolt out of there and never come back. She couldn't risk tipping the Originals off about her whereabouts.

"Come on Klaus, please!" Kate pleaded.

"No, it may be your birthday, but you're only 15. You're too young to go out with Rebekah." Elijah reasoned.

"Oh, come on Nik. She's a tough girl, I'm sure she can handle it," Rebekah taunted.

"Hush Elijah! Listen to Rebekah, I'm plenty old enough! Besides, I'll have her to watch out for me!" Kate whined. Klaus laughed.

"Okay, okay! You can go out with Rebekah, but no drinking!" Kate squealed and hugged Klaus while sticking her tongue out at Elijah, earning a small smile from him. Kate and Rebekah practically ran out the door.

"Don't stay out too late!" Klaus called, just as the door slammed.

Kate shuddered at the memory. Things used to be so good back then. The Originals were like a family to her, that is, before she turned.

"Kate?" Mr. Saltzman's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. All eyes were on her, including Rebekah's. She couldn't tell if she'd made the connection yet, though.

"Can you repeat the question?" she asked politely.

"I suggest you pay more attention, Ms. Salvatore. The question was what colonial aspects are still relevant in Mystic Falls today?" Kate clearly had no idea, and Stefan picked up on that.

"The Lockwood Mansion and Salvatore Boarding House." He answered. Before the teacher could say anything else, the bell rang. In Kate's rush to bolt out of there, she managed to drop her jacket. She bent down to pick it up, but a high-heeled foot beet her to it.

"Sorry, I'm kind of in a hurry," Kate rambled before jerking the jacket off the floor and speeding to the door. Unfortunately, Rebekah beat her to it.

"It really is you?" she mused.

"So, what? Are you going to tell your brothers about me? Good luck, I'll be as far away as possible." Rebekah grabbed her arm.

"Wait," she pleaded.

"What do you want?"

"Answers. Why did you leave?"

"Let's just say I didn't like being treated like property," Kate snarled before trying to leave again.

"Wait, I won't tell Nik, Elijah, or Kol about you. I promise," she lied. Unfortunately, Kate didn't see that. She sped off to the Salvatore house. She was comforted by the thought of being able to stay.

Meanwhile, Rebekah went back to the Mikaelson mansion. Elijah had just gotten there. "I got your message, what's wrong?" he asked.

Rebekah called someone on her phone. "I want you and Nik to hear this at the same time?"

"Hello sister?" Klaus answered.

"You will never believe who's in Mystic Falls."