Deal

Kate's body shook with anxiety as she sat waiting at the Grill. She had called Bonnie and asked to meet, hoping that somehow she could find a way to unlink herself from Andre. Kate eyed the door as she watched Bonnie saunter in. She sat across from her and crossed her arms.

"What do you want?" Bonnie asked in an annoyed tone. Kate took a deep breath.

"I want to apologize for the whole attacking you thing," Kate started. Bonnie looked a little taken back.

"I was gone for one weekend, yet nobody decided to tell me that you'd flipped your switch back," Bonnie laughed. Kate was immediately at ease. "How'd they do it?" Bonnie asked, causing Kate to tense up again.

"Well, they called an old flame of mine who is now intent on ruining my life," Kate explained.

"And you need me to do something about it?" Bonnie asked.

"Andre had a witch link him and myself, meaning that we can't kill him. Almost a century ago he had another witch create a spell that could make an artificial sire bond to any vampire of his choice," Kate went on. Bonnie looked at her skeptically.

"You think he's going to sire you to him?" Bonnie asked.

"I know he will. His dream is to have a victim that he can torture, but never kill. I became the ideal choice when I ran from him so long ago," Kate muttered. She looked at Bonnie, hoping that she would help in some way.

"I can break the link, but it's going to be pretty difficult. If he's as dangerous as you say, then I can't risk getting anywhere near him. I'm going to need you to get some of his blood," Bonnie explained.

"You'll have it by tonight," Kate stated before speeding off.

Meanwhile, Andre had been meeting with his witch. It had taken a while, but she finally perfected the sire spell Andre needed to have his permanent victim. The sooner the better, too. Mystic Falls had become too quaint for his liking, and he was ready to leave as soon as possible.

"When is the soonest you can perform the spell?" he asked.

"If you stop pestering me, I can have everything ready by tonight. You just have to get the vampire," she scowled. Andre approached her, getting extremely close to her face, grabbing her arm harshly.

"Let's not forget that witches are by no means a dying breed. If you annoy me, I can just kill you and find someone else. Now that I've found who I want, you are the only thing that can screw this up," he hissed. Andre threw her arm down, making the girl jerk. "I'll do my part, and you will do yours."

Kate took a deep breath, not knowing for sure what she wanted. She gripped the small knife in her pocket, going over her plan for the hundredth time. She had no idea how to get Andre to come to her, though. Usually he just showed up.

"Waiting for someone?" Andre whispered in her ear.

"Actually, I was waiting for you," she said, attempting to remain calm.

"Me? What do I owe this honor?" he asked slyly, coming closer to her.

"I want to make a deal. If you leave Mystic Falls and all of my family and friends alone, I'll go with you," she stated, her voice shaking with each word. Andre stepped forward, and Kate braced for some sort of impact. Instead, he placed a hand on her cheek.

"And how do I know you'll follow through," he asked. Kate looked into his eyes, the same eyes she fell in love with so long ago. For a second, she saw the man she fell in love with instead of the monster that stood before her.

"You have my word," she whispered, entranced by his gaze.

"And what about the Original you've been so taken with recently?" he asked, calling her bluff.

"If you leave him alone, I will do whatever you want, no protest," she stated. Andre looked her up and down, assessing the deal and its validity.

"You've peaked my interest. I just need you to answer one more question. Are you scared of me, Katarina?" he asked, toying her with her full name.

"In all honesty, I'm terrified, but recently I've learned that all monsters can be saved," she explained, attempting to look sympathetic. Andre brought his hand lower so he was caressing her neck. In a flash, he snapped her neck with one hand.

"Monsters can't be saved, darling, but they do get what they want."