Founder's Party

Somehow Stefan had convinced Kate to go shopping with the other girls. She looked at herself in the mirror. Usually she wasn't this self-conscious, but she felt bad about her last encounter with Caroline, Bonnie, and Elena. Kate walked down the stairs to see Elena, Stefan, and Damon standing there. Their eyes were glued to her as soon as she came into view. I guess it was still a shock that she was Damon's daughter. That, or her insane revenge against Katherine.

"Ready to go?" she asked, breaking the silence. Elena gave her a warm smile, easing some of her nerves.

"Yeah, let's go." Elena led Kate to her car, and they both hopped in. They stayed quiet for a while, but Elena decided to break the silence. "You know, you and Damon don't even look alike," she joked.

"No, I look a lot like my mom, though."

"What was she like?"

"She was... amazing. Despite being friends with Katherine, she was one of the smartest women I'd ever known. Everybody knew her in town, but she was overshadowed by Katherine."

"Why were they friends?"

"I'm not really sure. She was there since I was born, so they obviously met before my time. They had a weird relationship. Whatever Katherine said went," Kate mused.

"Sounds like Katherine to me," Elena continued.

They walked into the store where Bonnie and Caroline were waiting. Their smiles fell a little bit when they saw Kate.

"Hey, this is Kate. She's Damon's, um, daughter," Elena introduced. Kate gave a small nod.

"Wait, Damon has a daughter?" Bonnie asked.

"It's a shock to all of us," Kate joked.

"Poor you," Caroline laughed.

"Caroline!" Elena hissed.

"It's fine, Damon's a character," Kate said.

"Well, we can't afford to waste any more time. Let's find some dresses," Caroline chirped.

Honestly, Kate hated trying on clothes. She played along, though. At first she just sat back and watched the others try on clothes, but then they started pulling stuff for her to try on. After what seemed like hours, she tried on a tight nude dress with jewel accents. She walked out to show the girls.

"Wow," Bonnie exclaimed.

"What?" Kate asked.

"That looks great," Caroline smiled. "Please tell me you're getting it!" she squealed. Kate nodded.

"Okay, I will."

Later that evening, Kate started to get ready. She put on the dress she bought earlier and slipped on some black heels. She curled her hair and applied some makeup before walking down the stairs. Damon bumped into her on the way.

"I didn't know you were going," he exclaimed.

"There's not much to do in this little town. I figured I'd participate." She continued down to meet Stefan.

"You look nice," he smiled. Damon came down right after her.

"I'm going to get Elena, see you there," he waved.

"You ready to go?" Stefan asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Sure, let's go."

The Lockwood mansion was just as elaborate as it was in 1864. Come to think of it, that was the last time Kate went to a founder's party. She found Matt talking to some guy.

"Hey," she chirped. Matt looked at her in surprise. He obviously didn't expect to see her.

"Hey," he replied.

"Are all town events this boring?" she asked, gesturing to the slow music and small talk surrounding her.

"Hopefully it stays this way," he explained, clearly having mixed feelings about her.

"Look, I know you don't really like me, but I'm not planning on ripping anyone's head off. If it makes you feel any better, I don't really like blood straight from the source. I prefer blood bags," she grinned. Matt smiled.

"This is my friend, Tyler," he said, gesturing to the guy beside him. She gave him an odd look.

"Werewolf?" she asked. Tyler's eyes went wide.

"How did you-"

"I spent a lot of time with your kind back in the early 1900s," she said nonchalantly. She walked off to find a corner where she could just watch for a while. Unfortunately, it wasn't that easy. She settled on looking over the ledge on the balcony.

"Too much commotion in there?" a voice asked, startling Kate. She whipped her head around, ready to attack, before she froze.

 "Mom?" she whispered.