It's Done

Damon, Bonnie, Elena, Stefan, and Klaus stood in the Salvatore living room. "She'll hate me," Damon stated, just above a whisper. Elena put her hand on his shoulder.

"You're doing what's best for her. She might be mad, but in the end she'll know you had to do it."

"And you've already compelled her?" Stefan asked Klaus.

"Yes, this morning. She won't remember it, though." All eyes were on Bonnie now.

"Let's get started." The spell didn't seem any different than any other ones she'd done before, but Bonnie knew that this one would fix everything. One less original vampire was exactly what they needed. When she was finished, she looked up at the group. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath. "It's done," she stated simply. A wave of relief went over Damon.

With Kol and Kate

They were walking out of the Grill when it happened. Kate was laughing at some stupid joke he made, when Kol was suddenly thrown into the air 20 feet away. "Kol!" Kate screamed, chasing after him. This happened a couple more times, until they had reached the Now Leaving Mystic Falls sign. It seemed like whatever it was had stopped.

Kol struggled to get up, so Kate ran to him. "K-" it seemed as if she had ran into a wall in front of her, but there was nothing there. "What the?" She tried putting her hand across the border, but the same wall effect happened again.

At this point Kol had gotten up, and noticed that there was something going on between Kate and the border. No big deal, though. He could just got to her, right? The second his hand went over the border, it singed before their eyes. He yanked it back and looked Kate in the eyes. She had put two and two together at this point.

"Damon did something," she stated.

"You don't-"

"I do, though. Think about it, who else would benefit from me being trapped in Mystic Falls and you being locked out? He can't just get away with this!" She was furious at this point. She felt like breaking something.

"Kate, we can figure this out. I can find a witch. I'll find a way to get back here." She shook her head.

"You and I both know it won't be that easy." He held his hand up, as if it was pressing to the glass on a cage. She mirrored him, hoping that it would make her feel a little better. Unfortunately, it just reminded her of their separation. That even if they talked every day, it would never be the same. Tears were freely falling down her cheeks. "Kol-"

"I know. Look, I don't know how long I'll be out here, but I won't stop trying to find a way to you."

"Me either."

"No, I need you to try to move on. It could be centuries, and I don't want you to be miserable. Please, do it for me." They both took a step back. They looked each other in the eyes one last time, and he was gone in a flash. Kate fell to her knees. She was like this for a few minutes. She was a mixture of hatred and despair. That is, until she realized the only way to stop hurting. Just like that, she flipped her switch. She felt better, more alive. Her thoughts were clear, and knew exactly what to do. In a blur, she sped off.

The Salvatore House

There was a pounding on the door, and the whole group just stared at it. They were too afraid of what was on the other side. They waited too long, and the door came flying open. Damon immediately jumped to his feet, but Kate had already sped in and had him in a choke hold against the wall. Something was different about her. She was stronger, faster, and angrier than ever. You could almost see fire in her eyes.

"What did you do?" she demanded through gritted teeth.

"Kate-" she tightened her hold on him.

"Don't give me an excuse, tell me what you did!" Bonnie stepped forward.

"I did it." Kate let Damon fall and sped over to Bonnie. She didn't touch her, however.

"Tell me everything."

"I put a spell on Kol that keeps both him and his compulsion outside of Mystic Falls."

"Then why can't I leave?"

"That was me," Klaus stated simply.

"What the heck did you do to me?"

"I compelled you to stay in Mystic Falls unless Damon told you otherwise."

"Why? Why did you separate us?"

"Kol is worse than trouble. Being involved with him is only going to lead to you getting hurt, or worse. We can't trust him, Kate," Damon explained.

"Kol was the one person who understood me, and you took that away from me. Now, you're going to pay. I will hurt everyone you care about until you bring him back!"

"You're bluffing," Damon countered. In the blink of an eye, Kate sped over to Bonnie and was already at her neck. "This isn't you!" Damon yelled. Kate sped off, but she stopped right before she left.

"I'm going to make your life a living hell." Then she was off in a blur.

Everyone ran to Bonnie, who was holding her bleeding neck. Stefan looked at him, hoping for him to sum up the whole situation.

"She flipped her switch."