Fear

A/N picture is of Andre

After days of intensive research, Kol, Klaus, and Damon had managed to track down Andre. He knew Kate back in the late 1800s and Kol hoped that it was strictly friendly. He couldn't help being jealous of Kate's emotional trigger. Anyways, they tracked him down and he was more than happy to help her. He'd be arriving that afternoon. Now, all they had to do was get Kate get in the same room as him. 

That's where Jeremy came in. He seemed innocent enough as to not try anything, which was why he was the perfect one to lure Kate out of hiding. Let's just say that she didn't take the whole werewolf venom ambush. 

He called her, and after the first ring she picked up. "What do you want, Gilbert?" she asked.

"I just wanted to see if you'll meet me at the school," he offered.

"And why would I do that?" she asked.

"Maybe some human contact would do you good. You've got to be going stir crazy by now," he stalled.

"Nice try Gilbert, but that was a lame excuse. I'll bite, though. See you at the school in twenty minutes." 

Just as she said, Kate showed up at the school twenty minutes later. She walked in, but there was no sign of Jeremy. Kate explored the empty halls until she walked into the gym. There were some balloons left behind the bleachers from some dance or awards ceremony. Kate kicked them aside and kept walking until she heard something from behind her. She listened closely, but didn't turn around, to identify them as footsteps. 

In a flash, Kate whipped around and sped right into the figure. She wasn't ready for the arms she ran into, though. The person gripped her firmly and she was forced to stare into those cold blue eyes. 

"Did you miss me, darling?" he purred. Kate felt her insides lurch, and suddenly she felt like crumpling to the ground.

"Andre?" she whimpered with tears streaming down her face.

"In the flesh. You could imagine how pleased I was when your friends summoned me to help fix you," he smirked, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Kate tried to speak, but she couldn't form any words. Tears started to stream down her face. He wiped one away and smile. "Don't worry, I won't let you out of my sight again."

Kate used any strength left inside her and sped off into the hallways. Andre wasn't too far behind, though. She felt the way she did so long ago. She felt the pure fear. Kate sped off as fast as she could out of the school and to the Salvatore house. Hopefully there would be something there that would help her. She didn't realize that she was headed straight for Damon, and knocked them both to the ground.

She squirmed and cried and yelled until Damon and Klaus had successfully pinned both of her wrists to the ground, shocking all of them. "What happened?" Damon asked assertively. Kate couldn't form any words, so she just layed there with tears streaming down her face. "Your switch-" he started.

"Yes! You flipped my stupid humanity switch and I'm back to normal, but you don't get it!" she yelled.

"Then what's the matter?" Klaus asked, almost laughing.

"You don't get it! An emotional trigger can be any emotion, okay? It could be love or happiness, but that isn't Andre. He's my trigger because he triggers fear! I'm terrified of him! I need to get out of here, I need to go!" she cried. She started to become hysterical again, so Damon swiftly snapped her neck. Klaus looked at him, astonished.

"She'll thank me later."

A/N if you guys have any comments/questions/theories about myself or the story please let me know by commenting. New chapter going up tomorrow  (it's a flashback)