Expiration

I'm Kate, your daughter.

Let's just saw I thought she was Katherine, and I wasn't holding back.

Why didn't you come back for me?

Listen to Rebekah, I'm plenty old enough.

You can call me Kate.

How did you find me?

After everything I put you through? After running away without as much as a goodbye?

They're the one constant in my life.

Oh shut up.

Game on.

Thanks for the snack, but I have a ball to get ready for.

Am I late? You look shocked to see me.

Where's Andre?

He's my trigger because he triggers fear!

I don't like sharing.

I've learned that all monsters can be saved.

If you stop this right now, I will follow you to the ends of the earth, Andre. There was part of me that loved you before, and I can love you again if you stop this.

No!

Kate's body trembled. Her mind was an endless track of the events that have happened since she came to Mystic Falls. She kept replaying all of her worst moments, picturing the mistakes that she'd made.

"How is she?" Stefan asked a sullen looking Damon, who had occupied a chair outside of her bedroom.

"Honestly, I have no idea. She's been shaking and screaming since she woke up, and she won't respond when she talks to me," Damon sighed. Stefan put on comforting hand on his shoulder.

"She's probably just in shock, when she snaps out of it-"

"What if she doesn't?!" Damon snapped. He took a deep breath, collecting himself. "She's been in my life for what, a month or two? All I've done is bring back he phsyco mother and doppelganger, not to mention not one, but two of her crazy ex boyfriends," Damon groaned.

"Stop beating yourself up about this. Look, before she came here you had no idea she existed. Genevieve told all of us that her child was some soldier's from Georgia. She fooled all of us. As for the boyfriend drama, Kate had that before she came. Now she's at a good standing with Kol and the rest of the Originals, and she'll never have to worry about Andre again," Stefan stated. Damon put his head is his hands.

"I just want to help her. Her life is absolute crap. Hell, she had to jab a stake into her own mom's heart. I single-handedly forced her to flip the switch. Every time I try to help she ends of more broken and lost than before," Damon sighs.

"Damon, she's your daughter. End of story. She is going to go through self-mutilating, reckless, and outright stupid stages, just like you. She's never going to tell you when she's hurting because she's proud, just like you. What you both refuse to admit is that you are the same person. You make mistakes when you don't follow your own ambition and let other people make decisions for you. It's time to man up and be her father," Stefan demanded, startling both Damon and himself.

A knocking at the door snapped both of them out of their moment. Damon walked down the stairs and opened the door, only to reveal the devil herself.

"Katherine," he hissed.

"Aw, Damon, you don't seem too happy to see me," she purred. She tried to push past Damon, but he blocked her path.

"Now's not exactly the best time," Damon barked, pushing her back once again.

"And here I was, thinking you'd want information on how to save your daughter," she purred, turning on her heel. In a flash, Damon stood before her on the front lawn of the Salvatore estate.

"Talk," he spat.

"It seems like there's an expiration date on little Kate. A witch on the other side is trying to get rid of all of the doppelgangers that aren't alive, aka vampires like Kate and myself. I figured if anyone could fix it, it would be the wonder twins," she joked.

"What kind of expiration date?" Damon asked. Katherine's expression darkened, showing the severity of the issue.

"You have a month, at the most."

I'm going to have some flashbacks coming up soon. Please comment which eras/ which events/ with which characters you'd like to see! I love hearing your input!