Pregnant & all alone. prt2

The next day, I saw Marc walking down the corridor, so I ran after him, and grabbed him arm. He turned round and smiled at me - then kissed me fiercely on the lips.

It was still enough to make my knees go weak, I was so crazy about him.

"Hey babe. What's up?"

Ok, so I wasn't so crazy about the 'babe' part.

"My names Tamsin, Marc. Can you come over later? Around 8 maybe?" I was going to tell him about the baby after seeing a doctor this afternoon.

"Sure, will your dad be home?" He smirked.

I couldn't help but grin at him. What can I say? I'm a girl in love.

"Nope, just you and me"

"Just how I like it" He wrapped his arm around my waist. "See you later then babe" He kissed me on my forehead before running after some his friends.

I wasn't that popular, I hung round with Toby most of the time or went to read in the library. I wasn't unfriendly or anything, I spoke to a lot of people, I just didn't really have any steady friends.

Marc wasn't an athlete, but he wasn't a geek either. He was a nice comfy middle.

He had a lot of friends, people knew his face and name, but he wasn't overly popular, like a jock or something. People didn't really care that we were together, people just didn't notice us as a couple, but to me it was easy. When he spoke to me the first time 2 years ago, it was like something just 'clicked' and we were meant to be.

The end of school crept up on me, and before I knew it, I'd just gotten off the bus outside the hospital entrance.

I found my way to a waiting area for the maternity section where I signed myself in and was told to wait as someone would be with me in 20 minutes.

I sat on one of the tiny plastic chairs. God, as if my back wasn't hurting enough.

Knowing I was pregnant now, I'd started to notice pregnant-like things that I hadn't really noticed when I was oblivious, like my boobs getting bigger. The main thing was the back pain, these stupid plastic chairs were awful. I'd also noticed emotional changes within myself. Last night, I had cried at the puppy on the Andrex advert on the telly, just because it was so cute. It was lucky my dad was in the bathroom at that point.

I still felt sick at the thought of telling my dad and Marc about the baby.

I pushed that thought away by looking around me. There were 2 heavily pregnant women waiting, although they were huge, they looked really happy.

There were 2 other women that didn't look pregnant, but they could be the same as me, just not showing yet. One of the women that looked like she was in her late thirties, kept glaring at me. It wasn't surprising, I was only 15 after all. She probably thought I was a slut or something, but there was no need to stare.

Just then, another woman walked into the waiting area. Well, I say woman, she could be no more than 18. She checked herself in, then came and sat next to me.

"Hey. Teenage pregnancy?"

"Yeah" I sighed. "You?"

"Are you kidding?! This is my second. I know I'm only 18, but I want a whole brood of babies" She told me.

"Oh wow! How do you cope? Do you have a job? Are you college? Wait sorry, that was rude of me, it's none of my business." I blushed.

"Oh no, it's fine! I have a part time job that I do in the morning while my husband looks after my son, then he goes to work for the afternoon and evening while I take my son to the crèche at the college where I take night classes. I'm hoping to become a nursery teacher" she smiled.

"whoah! That is sooo amazing, I just thought I'd have this baby at 15 and my life is over."

"Oh you can't think like that! No, you can do anything, even with a baby in tow. You just need good support. I had my son when I was 15, then I moved out with my husband at 17 then we got married when I turned 18"

"Cool, so your husband loves kids too?" I asked.

"Yeah, but he also believes in supporting his family, so he works really hard. That's why we could afford to move out so young."

A nurse came out and called me. I stood up and turned to the woman I'd been talking too.

"Well, that's me. Thankyou so much for making me realise I'll still have a life. I'm going to work really hard to be something in life, good luck with your family!" I almost shouted as I walked into the doctors office.

"Okay then Miss Palmer, if you'd like to lay on the bed and slightly lift your top so I can examine you before doing the sonogram"

"Huh? Wait, you do that now? I thought this was just like a check up kind of thing" I spluttered.

"Well, this IS a check-up, pregnant style. If you don't mind, I'm busy today" The doctor nodded towards the bed.

I walked over to the bed and lay down on it, then rolled up my t-shirt just below my bra.

"So, any morning sickness? Any pains at all?" She asked.

"Um no, nothing. I only found out I was pregnant yesterday so I haven't really noticed" I replied as she started poking and pressing on my stomach.

"Only yesterday huh? Well lets see how far along you are and get a clear view of the baby" She talked to herself while putting the clear jelly on my stomach. The jelly was cold, like having a bottle of water from the fridge on your stomach, but it felt exciting, I was going to see my baby for the first time!

She moved the little remote-like thing around my stomach before settling to the left of my belly button.

"Here it is" She announced. "I'd say your 17 weeks along"

I gasped as I looked at the screen as saw the shape of my baby curled up. This human was growing inside of me.

"Okay then" the doctor ruined my moment, I didn't like her at all. "I'll go and print this picture, and I'd like you to make an appointment in 3 weeks to perform a 20 week scan. You can clean yourself up over there, I'll be back in a moment" And off she went.

I got up and went over to the sink where I grabbed paper towels to wipe the goo off me and pull my t-shirt down.

She came back 2 minutes later and shoved the pictures in my hands.

"Ok, I'll see you in the 3 weeks then!"

I walked out of her office and made my appointment, then programmed the appointment into my phone to remind me the day before the scan.

I made my way out of the hospital and waited for the bus, clutching the 3 baby pictures to my chest.

Hey guys, thanks for the comments on the first chapter, please feel free to evaluate this chapter!

Thankyooooou