"No, the fault is mine. I knew it was only a matter of time... before Voldemort made the connection between you. I thought by distancing myself from you, as I have done all year... he'd be less tempted, and therefore you might be more protected." Dumbledore explained.

"The prophecy said: 'Neither one can live while the other one survives.' It means one of us is gonna have to kill the other, in the end." Harry stated, worried.

"Yes," Dumbledore answered, sadly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Harry said looking up at him.

"For the same reason, you tried to save Sirius. The same reason your friends saved you. After all these years, after all, you've suffered... I didn't want to cause you any more pain. I cared too much about you." Dumbledore explained.

Harry nodded.

Isabel stood up and offered her hand to Harry.

He took it and together they walked towards the Great Hall for the feast.

As they walked, Isabel lightly stroked Harry's thumb to comfort him.

He just looked at the ground.

They looked down a hallway near the Great Hall and saw Luna.

Harry let go of Isabel's hand and walked towards her.

Isabel followed.

"How come you're not at the feast?" Harry asked Luna.

"Lost all my possessions. Apparently, people have been hiding them." Luna answering, hanging up to a lost sign.

"That's awful," Harry said.

"Oh, it's all good fun. But as it is the last night, I really do need them back." Luna responded.

Isabel admired Luna and her kind soul. Isabel was a nothing compared to her amazing friends.

"Do you want any help finding them?" Harry offered.

Luna didn't answer and just took Harry's hand.

"I'm sorry about your Godfather, Harry," Luna said.

He let go of her hand and sighed.

"Are you sure you don't want any help looking?" Isabel chimed in quietly to Luna.

"That's alright." Luna said airily, looking up at the rafters with some sneakers hanging from them, "anyway, my mom always said the things we lose always have a way of coming back to us."

Isabel and Harry exchanged looks.

"I think I'll just go have some pudding," Luna said, skipping off.

"One day I wish to be as happy as Luna." Isabel laughed to Harry as they walked towards the Great Hall.

"Don't we all," he answered, staring into her hazel eyes.

-

The next morning came quickly and the students all excitedly grabbed their things and headed to the train station where the Hogwarts Express was waiting.

Harry, Isabel, Ron, and Hermione walked to the train together.

They were all going to miss each other a lot.

"I've been thinking about something Dumbledore said to me," Harry said, breaking the silence and everyone's train of thought.

"What's that?" Hermione asked.

"That even though we've got a fight ahead of us. But we've got one thing that Voldemort doesn't have." Harry said.

"Yeah?" Ron answered.

"Something worth fighting for," Harry said looking at Isabel and his friends. They all laughed at his cheesiness and boarded the Hogwarts express.

-

When the train pulled into the station Isabel let out a sigh.

She truly did not want to leave her friends.

She was going  to miss them dearly. She was going to miss Hogwarts.

But they would be back the next year.

The four walked off the train where Mrs. Weasley and Mr. Lyston and Oliver were waiting.

"BEL!" Oliver exclaimed and ran and latched himself around his sisters neck.

Isabel tickled his stomach and poked his ribs until he let go, "Little man!"

He smiled up at her with a toothless grin.

"You lost your front teeth!" Isabel congratulated.

He was practically jumping from excitement.

Oliver was wearing the Gryffindor scarf Isabel gave him for Christmas.

"I can't wait for you to come home! Mom made cake!" Oliver bounced on his heels.

"He hasn't taken the scarf off since you gave it to him." Mr. Lyston laughed.

Harry watched as Isabel joked and laughed with her family. He was glad she was happy and had a family.

"Goodbye Isabel," Hermione said, engulfing Isabel in a tight hug.

"We'll miss you mate," Ron said, giving her a hug and ruffling her hair.

"Please take care," Harry said, giving her a long hug, not wanting to let go, scared she was leaving forever.

"Make sure to write." Isabel told them.

They waved.

Summer vacation started.

And the four friends parted ways.

[end of part 1]

---

A/N:

You made it!

That's the end of part 1 aka Order of the Phoenix!

It was so much fun to write and I hope you all enjoyed reading it!

I have so many ideas for part 2.

I can't wait.

Thank you so much, everyone, for your reads and votes and comments!!

They absolutely make my day!

Stay beautiful. Stay safe.

I love you all.

•••