Chapter 1✨

Deana's POV

"Mommy!" My five year old daughter Amaya said running into my bedroom.

"Hey baby" I smiled setting my phone down on the nightstand. Amaya jumped on the bed and sat down in my lap.

"Mommy I'm hungry can you make me some mac and cheese?" She asked me.

"What's the magic word?" I said. Amaya needs to learn manners if she's gonna get by in this world.

"Pwetty please with a cherry on top" She said smiling.

"Ok lil mama. Let's go make you something to eat" I said picking her up and placing her on my hip.

"Candy girl, you are my world" Amaya sang.

"You still singing that song Maya?" I asked laughing as I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I placed her on the counter and started to take out the ingredients.

"Every since that movie I have it stuck in my head mommy" Amaya said.

"It is a good song"  I told her.

Amaya nodded her head.

-

Amaya ate her dinner and then I gave her a bath. I read her a book to sleep since she asked and then five minutes into the book she was out like a light.

I was in my room talking to my cousin Keith on the phone. Yes it's the Keith Powers.

"Has she really been singing Candy Girl non stop?!" Keith asked laughing.

"Boy she is obsessed with it. We have watched each part about five times" I said smiling.

"Well you coming to the party. The whole cast, crew, friends, and family are gonna be there celebrating the New Edition Story?" Keith asked me.

"I don't know. I need someone who can watch Amaya and plus I don't really wanna go" I said.

"Deana pleaseeeee. Plus I really want you there after all you the one who got me into acting" Keith said.

"Keith. You know one reason I don't wanna go is because you know who is gonna be there" I replied shaking my head as thoughts of Algee filled my mind.

"D. I understand that what y'all went through was tough. But that was five years ago and maybe it's time to face him. I'll be right by yo side and if you wanna leave. We can leave just say the word" Keith said.

"You sure Keith?" I asked him.

"Positive D" He replied.

"Thanks Keith. But who's gonna watch Amaya?" I asked him.

"Drop her off at your moms house" Keith said.

"Yeah that could work. Can you pick me up for the party?" I asked him.

"I gotchu, I'll be there at seven cuz. Get some goodnight sleep" Keith said.

"Thanks Keith, night" I replied before hanging up the phone.

I plugged my phone into its charger and walked into the bathroom. I took off my makeup and took off my sweatpants. I decided to just sleep in a nightshirt.