Escapade From Duties [Nyx Lemon]

Requested by xXxAi-chanxXx

Another day in absolute paradise. Exquisite wine glasses were distributed to all the guests of the ball, laughter and bantering reverberating throughout the expansive room. It was a ball filled with excitement and happiness yet a young princess could say otherwise. f-n Lucis Caelum lounged in a loose fitting gown, a single translucent shard dangling in replacement for a pendant along her skin aligned at the v-neck collar. A hand propped her head up from banging against the table, an assortment of delicious food collected on the white platters decorating the white linen surface. A soft tap on the shoulder beckoned her from her bored composure, her arm retracting back onto her lap.

"Need an escort back to your room? You don't have to cope with sitting around like that." Her lips twitched into a mellow smile, diverting her gaze back to her sibling's crystalline one. They inherited a compassionate and caring glint whenever they exchanged words, his lips upturned into a gentle smile only meant for his sister.

"I'm fine Noctis, really." f-n answered reluctantly, sending him a closed eye smile.

The prince sighed at her words of assurance, tugging an abandoned chair beside her before descending onto the seat. Noctis brought one of her hands onto his lap, stroking the back of her hand.

"You sure? I'm sure Specs wouldn't mind the difficulty of escorting you-"

"Noct." She interrupted his previous said statement, eyelids fluttering closed with a frown.

"I'm fine. I already have a car awaiting me in the parking lot." f-n assured, gesturing through her eyes towards the double set of doors connecting to the hallway leading to the exit.

"Good. I can't stand this either. Unfortunately, our old man ordered me to stay for political reasons." Noctis confessed with a shake of his head, a smile grown on his lips.

"Stay safe squirt. Don't have too much without me there." He gave her an affectionate pat on the crown of her head, rising from his chair.

"Have fun too Noct, but not too much. You know how small your perseverance is with alcohol." She reminded, grabbing his wrist before he'd leave to enjoy the remaining time at the party.

"Don't worry about it. I have Ignis watching my back."

"Still relying on others, it would seem." She said with a disapproving shake of her head.

Noctis clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth, "You have no right to have me misjudged, f-n."

"I'm your older sis." She argued with a narrowed eyes, matching the inherited color of royal blue bestowed by their shared mother.

"By one year. One single year doesn't make a difference." Noctis defended, raising a dark brow.

"I'm becoming future sovereign of Lucis. Does that due you right?"

Noctis' lips protruded in a small pout. "That's no way to reason with your sibling."

"I win though. Have fun, baby brother." f- teased him before sauntering towards the double doors leading her to utter freedom.

~~~~~~~~~~

Orange beams streamed down from the tinted passenger windows of the cruising vehicle, the alluring rays transmitted from the street lights bolstered into the ground serving as a purpose for light during such times. f-n's eyelids were beginning to falter, pressing the back of her hand against her mouth in order to soothe an exhausted yawn. A scowl carved into her features, rubbing the remaining residue of the lipstick stain marked on her skin with a tissue. The princess was exhausted. Tired from serving her relentless oaths and objectives to be served as future queen. It was time consuming enough just trying to replicate a perfect image of royalty around the public.