Sparring Lessons [Gladiolus Lemon]

Requested by autumnsin
Lemon Warning

Training sessions alongside the prince's shield always tested the endurance and power of you with each passing moment. Split second reflexes, overpowering his brute strength with sheer flexibility and agility again and again until he tolerated defeat. His biceps and abdominal muscles were glistening with sweat, his greatsword originally grasped in between his strong hands vanishing into crystal blue particles. A sign of submission he did not even realize he initiated.

"Looks like I've won this time." You cooed with an innocent tone of voice, your intimidating battle stance radiating the opposite effect. The silver blade of your sword wiggled inches from his neck, where his Adam's apple bobbed up and down in anticipation.

"Hm, guess you have." Gladiolus responded, swatting the back of his hand against the flat side of the blade.

Stumbling back a few steps, you leaned against the training room walls releasing an exhausted sigh. War gave the combatants no mercy and breaks between each battle. It was a relentless cycle of killing, defending, washing the slate, and starting over again. An endless sequence of suffering. Unlike most citizens casted aside from the true reality of the war, you managed to be accepted as a Crownsguard citizen beneath the reigning of King Regis. Well, originally he was the monarchy who sent restricted orders and commands through a booming voice.

It wasn't long ago since the outcome of the war between Niflheim and Lucis revealed its true colors. The Hunter HQ was stranded in the middle of the barren geography of Duscae, sabertusks and anaks roaming in herds around in radius. Humid air invaded your lungs, sliding yourself down the wall onto the ground. Gladiolus rose from his staggered state, offering a cold refreshment. You reached for the water bottle with quivering fingers, chugging down the frigid liquid in record time.

"Not too shabby." He said, the edge of his lip twitching upwards in a smirk.

"Hey. Watch that big mouth of yours." You warned, raising a denouncing forefinger at him. "I can kick your ass anytime."

"That's what a majority of people say. Don't let this duel grow that ego of yours." He responded, flicking your forehead.

You muttered a complaint underneath your breath, rising back onto your feet. "Just because I won, I know I still have a long path ahead of me to tread."

Gladiolus smiled, "That's the spirit."

The set of double doors leading to the outside field widened open, burning sunlight beaming down from the opening. "Ignis." You nodded your head in the general direction of the strategist.

The bespectacled male nodded his head in acknowledgement, "I suppose your training session was successful?"

"Yup. f-n finally decided to make good use of her scrawny body." Gladiolus mentioned, smiling when he noticed the fake pout carved onto your lips.

"Watch that mouth I said." You muttered, sitting your bottom onto the black painted bench propped against the wall.

"If I may, I am in need of a proper sparring partner today. Prompto has once again dragged off Noct without a trace leaving me empty handed." Ignis requested provoking a giggle from you at the mention of the prince and his mischievous blonde friend.

"Prompto can never leave Noct alone." You said with a shake of your head.

"Agreed. Ignis, I'll gladly take up the challenge on dueling with you." Gladiolus responded with an affirmative nod.

Blue shards swarmed around his silver, leather gloved hands forming duel daggers. "Excellent. Must I remind you that I will not be holding back." Ignis reminded.