Prince Runaway [Noctis] Day 7

What if a prince living in a citadel his whole suddenly decided to grow more frustrated of being chained to its inner walls? Eternally, the heir to the throne itself watched foreigners stroll outside of his own home, watching them stare in sudden awe before passing through the glass doors, introducing their lengthy name to his father. Boy, must have been an amazing and unique life being able to walk through a doorway in sudden attraction, especially his own. Though, the raven haired male knew every square and knick knack of the palace, secret storages and passageways to the outside world. Yet his favorable preparations as prince prevented his conscience from ever thinking of sneaking out passed midnight where its was completely free of patrols. Until this very night.

The twelve year old prince buried his features within the fluffy pillow as his bedroom's door creaked open, trying to hide the giddy smile forming across his pale lips. 'Finally, after all these years...' Was all that ran through his mind. A firm hand traced his shoulder, bidding him a goodnight sleep in his somewhat British accent before leaving briefly afterward.

"Ha, finally." The ravenette by the name of Noctis Lucis Caelum breathed out.

His puffy ebony vest laid untouched on his coat rack, his nimble fingers swiping it over the thin black t-shirt he wore. His vibrant cobalt eyes scanned his bedroom before twisting the doorknob open. He crawled onto all fours across the glossy floor, crouching behind the closest object possible during the occasion. A fellow glaive whistled casually down the hallway, padding his highly fashionable leather boots across the surface with his arms properly folded behind his back, presuming his normal stance. As soon as the glaive turned a corner, the young child bolted from his hiding position. Soon breaking out of his nutshell, his pale porcelain skin was greeted by a cool brush of nature, wrapping his bare arms around his abdomen.

"Shoulda of brought a better jacket." He murmured softly, shuddering as another wind brushed passed him, swaying his thick black bangs away from his forehead.

His black and white tennis shoes padded against the red velvety carpet leading into the entrance of the palace and around the cobblestone area of the inner circle of the palace. One last glance was all it took before the prince was labeled as the runaway prince the next morning most likely. His cheeks were flushed from the breeze and white clouds were breathed out between shallow pants, Noctis running up and down mindlessly about on the dimly lit streets. His hazed mind barely processed the friction of his shoulder against a brick building, slumping his spine against it in exhaustion.

"Hey you! You shouldn't be out here so late. Monsters and demons lurk during these times." A high pitched voice warned causing the Lucii prince to jump in his place. A tall slender figure began to sprint towards his direction a few feet away from his location, wailing a hand above her head. The closer the figure got, the shorter and less intimidating she appeared to his perspective.

Her complexion was paler than it was originally, her h/c hair was messily tied into a loose bun bonded by a rubber string and a plain hazel dress adorned her skinny figure. By her appearance, Noctis immediately recognized her as someone not around these parts.

"Thanks for the warning, but I can take of myself." He chided, crossing his arms over his chest with his lips straightened into an unpleasant frown.

"Hmph, earlier you were probably containing your frustration about how cold it is internally, weren't you?" The young innocent girl taunted placing her hands on her hips.

"N-No." The prince stammered, his cheeks flushing into a deeper color of crimson.

A victorious giggle escaped from its containment, her eyes sealing shut. He subconsciously scratched his cheek, feeling an unfamiliar emotion flood his chest. Was that relief? Whatever it was, he was sure that her adorable laugh was the cause of it. She waved a hand in a beckon, trotting courageously into a secluded alleyway. He followed close behind her, nearly tripping over a garbage bag since it was nearly pitch dark between the buildings.