Chosen One [Noctis]

Soulmate AU

Everybody in school was chatting up a storm about earning their soulmate marks. It was a little uncomfortable to walk around the premises without a random guy leaping in front of you, holding your hand for five seconds before realizing you weren't the one. The male would go bounding towards another girl quietly standing beside a locker in a lame attempt to discover his lover. What was the rush? Finding your true other half took time and patience. But, too be honest most teenagers in school weren't the most patient out of most.

You couldn't resist glancing down at your right wrist, where the horrible calligraphy of the letter N was carved into the surface of your skin as a reminder. A reminder of the first letter of your destined lover's name. Nobody's name seemed to intertwine with your soulmate mark. Unfortunately, no one in your class inherited a name beginning with the letter N. It twisted with your thoughts constantly. It must have been a mistake since your birth. The scar was barely distinct to the eye when you were born. Perhaps a minor misperception. Maybe the scar was supposedly meant to be a letter M instead. Whoever he was, he was definitely never coming through the the classroom door anytime sooner.

"Class, settle down." Your teacher hollered from her desk, rising from her swivel chair. As usual, she wore her infamous pantsuit consisting of the color palette of grey.

"A new student will be introduced today. He originates from the Lucian palace and is the young son of our Majesty, King Regis." No, it couldn't possibly be...

"Prince Noctis, introduce yourself to everyone." A young man with the most exquisitely styled hair walked extremely slow through the classroom door, the natural brown suitcase for carrying books around the school grounds slung over his shoulder.

"Hi, name's Noctis." For someone born of the royal family, he had a unique way introducing himself to his future classmates and acquaintances. Yet, something mysterious buzzed through your veins. What was this feeling? Relief?

"Since you're a new student, it is only a natural privilege to allow you to choose your own seat in homeroom." His cerulean eyes barely twitched from their usual position, his eyelids fluttering closed as he strolled on passed the multitude of desks, half the girls already drooling and eyeballing the young teenage prince. Your shoulders twitched forward in their sockets, tilting your head rather hastily causing your silky tresses to arch neatly over your shoulders.

"Here." Noctis laid his right hand against the wooden surface of the barren desk, already settling his brown suitcase below the desk.

"Very well, Prince Noctis." Your teacher responded humbly, bowing towards him. Noctis barely acknowledged the sudden action, dragging his chair back before sliding into his new seat adjacent to your anxious figure.

The possibility of the prince of Lucis simply selecting from a vast amount of extra desks, then casually choosing the one right beside you caused your veins to throb beneath your skin. No time for error or awkward first impressions. Once the teacher turned her back towards the whiteboard, a quiet noise of tearing paper emitted from your notebook. Just one little note of greetings and introductions was in need to loosen this uncomfortable tension in between the sheets.

Noctis swore he sensed a slight tingle underneath the untouched flesh of his left wrist, grimacing a little before grabbing a ballpoint pen from the back pocket of his slacks. He flinched back, retracting his arms from their previous position atop the desk, feeling the smooth texture of the paper touch his arm. You smiled softly at his unfazed expression, gesturing with your eyes to pick up the ripped note. Hesitantly, he snatched it between his thumb and forefinger. You grinned, seeing the corners of his lips twitched into a small smile.