Brotherhood Reunion [Iris x Male!Reader 1/3]

Requested by RavusWolf
Three Parter (Expect a little more insight of backstory in part two)

His bustersword dragged limply behind him, blood trickling down from his torso to his waist, vision hazy and blurred under the harsh circumstance of the sun beaming down against his sweating pulsating skin. How f-n managed to drag his exhausted body to Hammerhead station was a mystery. His primary routine was secretly hitching rides on the back of frequent trucks sending and making deliveries across the whole country from Duscae to Leide. Every portion of his body was soaked in dry blood and sweat.

Only a quick cat nap would do for f-n till he dropped off uncoordinated onto the hard concrete scraping his knees partially in the process. f-n could have cared less of his condition, memories of abandoning his home-Insomnia-where he escaped the crossfire of the Empire's vast machines and weaponry. Most destructive of all, the daemons that were dropped off by airships. The ringing of explosions still sounded freshly in his ears, his approximately six foot broadsword plinking against the grounds of the gas station.

Few visitors complained about the stench of blood reaching their nostrils, inserting their car keys into the cars ignition to speed off out of the gas station, already wafting with the natural scent of gasoline. His arm scratched with recent bloody marks from the attack on Insomnia supported himself against the pasty wall in front of him, slumping his back on it. His eyelids fluttered closed submitting to exhaustion, last hearing murmurs of "You poor thing," in his ears.

Time Skip
"Where the hell am I?" f-n questioned, groaning a little in discomfort glancing down at his naked torso, mysteriously wrapped already in a clean cut bondage. His elbows shoved roughly against the comforters of the bed beneath his weight, leaning onto the metal headboard. 'What happened?' f-n's brain only throbbed in retaliation, a painful yelp escaping his dry throat. His black Crownsguard shirt laid nearby on the countertop. Someone carefully mended his wounds with a Cura spell, the white bondages preventing the new stitches to sustain any dangerous future tasks he'd have to face.

"You must have taken quite a beating." A young voice commented-tinted with anguish and awareness.

His blue eyes connected with hazelnut ones, underneath a light curtain of black eyelashes. The young girl bundled the curly frills of her dress with an attached hoodie into her petite pale hands. Once she released the soft cloth, the only distraction preventing her from scanning his bare torso, she tossed his shirt rather hastily towards him. f-n muttered a quiet sentence of gratitude, throwing the fitting shirt over his head. Her footsteps sounded into his ear, since the size of the caravan wasn't the most expansive.

"Mind telling me the name of my savior?" The male inquired with an almost teasing tone, the hazel haired girl freezing mid step.

"Iris, Iris Amicitia." She answered, bobbing her head along as she exited the small van space.

"Iris." f-n said absent mindedly, testing her name with his own voice.

Minutes passed till f-n had enough time of reserving his energy for later traveling methods, leaping out of the caravan. The sun's rays pounded against his skin once more, but didn't provide too much of a punishment on his body than before.

"So you're the one Iris encountered on our journey to Cape Caem." An accented voice stated solemnly.

"Who goes there?" f-n warned, summoning his bustersword from thin air. A special magic ability specifically inherited from being marked as a Crownsguard.

"At ease, Crownsguard citizen. We don't deliver harm to injured soldiers." A brute with tattoos running up and down his arms retorted, raising a large hand up defensively. f-n's weapon immediately sparked into a shroud blue crystal outline of its former glory.

"I'm not injured. I'm just...peachy." f-n replied back, casting his gaze downward.

"Funny that you mention that, since you purposely disagreed to not accompany us to Altissia." Ah, the prince of Lucis labeled deceased by thousands of radio stations, standing tall before his familiar face.

"Long time no see, f-n Lucis Caelum." Noctis continued on with a familiar smile.

"Your Highness, it has been far too long since I've seen you." f-n responded back with a smug smirk, arms crossed over his chest.

"Woah woah woah, this guy's your brother?" Noctis' close comrade, Prompto leapt into the conversation, certainly shocked with the revelation.

"f-n here personally doesn't prefer to be well known throughout the whole region. Likes a more solitary quiet life in reality." Noctis said with a grin, narrowing his eyes at his brother.

"How the hell did we not know about him?" Gladiolus questioned.

"I like to stay lurking around the countryside, supposedly outskirts of the land beyond the Wall's boundaries." f-n explained, interrupting Noctis from answering.

"Yeah, what he said." f-n's brother said with an ambiguous shrug.

"Certainly reports upon the royal family's memorable events would have spread along the whole nation." The accented voice male, Ignis, stated in a calming fashion.

"Our family withholds many secrets, including myself. I just don't prefer to be called out as royalty. I visit the palace once and awhile. I've met with you all before. Remember at Noct's sixteen birthday party?"

"Oooh~ You're the dude who kept teasing Noct about Princess Lunafreya." Prompto remembered, flashing back on the memory.

"Guilty as charged." f-n said, flashing a goofy smile at his brother. "Cape Caem is your next destination? I would have expected all of you from leaving Lestallum to arrive there much sooner."

"A minor blockade set by Niflheim prevented us from progressing on any roads without an imminent threat forcing us to take a detour in the direction of Hammerhead. Fortunately for you, our companion managed to keenly spot you unconscious near the garage area." Ignis said.

"Hey again. I'm glad to see you're up and at it." Iris sauntered her way on over from the only shop in the vicinity, waving her hand a little.

"I'm amazed I had the power to heal your wounds. They were a little bloodly, but they were nothing that I couldn't handle." She commented with a smile.

"Is Cid around these parts?" f-n suddenly inquired.

"Unfortunately not, he's in Cape Caem preparing the boat for us to our trip to Altissia." Gladiolus answered with a frown.

"Guess you gotta hitch a ride with us this time then." Noctis said, slinging an arm around f-n shoulders.

"You're gonna force me to squeeze in with you guys?" f-n questioned with an incredulous stare.

"Yup. Between me and Iris. We've gotta a lot of catching up to do." The prince said, guiding him towards their parked Regalia.