Sacrifice [Noctis]

Requested By xXxAi-chanxXx

Succumbing to fear took great courage, even during the sorrowful times where utter hope seemed lost. Broken waves crashed alongside the ragged remains, buildings damaged and shattered into chunks of cobblestone bricks and debris. The covenant of the all reigning sea goddess, Leviathan. The armistice may have been forged, but the price has been paid despite all the search parties forging for the Oracle's body amidst the depths of the sea. Discovering the whereabouts of the Tenebraean princess was second to none.

Under recent reports, her body was washed underneath the everlasting tidal waves, none seeing the blight she had to conquer in order to forge the covenant. Only one individual witnessed the miraculous ceremony between the Oracle and her melodious singing, beckoning the serpent from her slumber. The prince of Lucis and Chosen One foretold by the old and new, Noctis Lucis Caelum. By under wondrous circumstances, the young member of royalty was found aloft a piece of debris, a chunk of brick from the once towering buildings sustaining him afloat above the tide till his Crownsguard comrades arrived. The casualties of pulverized buildings were too many to count with ten fingers.

Noctis was slumbering beneath the stainless duvets of a bed, the windowsill curtains fluttering from the frigid breeze surpassing the opened windows. His lungs constricted, choking on the entering air itself. A dream.

Water succumbed enveloped his whole body, floating back towards the surface of the murky waters. His vision blurring, not from the painful sting of the salt diluting naturally into the water, but the heart wrenching vision of watching his fiancee vanish beneath the rocking tides. The Ring of the Lucii twirled into his grasp, his lips opening to screech silent sobs. Both overwhelmed with anger and melancholy. Not Luna. Not after abandoning his own father to the futuristic deeds of the Empire. Not under such difficult circumstances. Noctis couldn't shove onward through his journey without a cause to fight for.

Even after delivering the finishing slash to the goddess, descending back to ground level with bluish streams swarming with the power of perished monarchies from his body, he knew the unimaginable would befall him. His vision submitted into darkness, a bright light seconds later consuming his darkened perspective of life. The exhaustion and wounds inflicted on his body were completely mended. A bright gleam surrounded by darkness and chaos. Lunafreya was his light, his morning star yet...

Noctis groaned, eyelids fluttering open during his awakening. The swaddling blankets slipped off his rising form, his aching stature deciding to rest his spine against the wooden headboard. His forehead throbbed, his perception of sight still readjusting to the pale sunlight illuminating the quarters.

"Back with us?" Noctis immediately registered the foreign accent of Ignis' usual tone.

The tactician patted the armrest of the crimson loveseat before rising, assuring his surroundings.

"I'll tell the others, though it make take a bit." He informed the exhausted prince, Noctis catching the malicious sight of the visible scars scratched over his eyes, both of them. Even with the darkened lenses to better suit the bespectacled man's disabled condition, the wounds were strange to the prince.

"You're hurt..." He responded reluctantly, watching the older man sway on his two feet.

"Ah, a smaller sacrifice in the greater battle." Noctis lowered his head with a downcast expression. All those sacrifices, were they truly worth the effort?

"And Luna?"

"She has passed." A bitter emotion of dread and sorrow consumed his being, the whole world of Eos crashing down on his conscience. Was it his fault for her death? Noctis should have been aware of his surroundings, but amidst the Imperial airships sailing across their heads and the serpent's powerful waves of destruction, he couldn't manage all of his priorities at once. Not to mention, watching his fiancee choke a cry of distress as a polished dagger was plunged into her abdomen, staining her beautiful dress in dribbling blood.