Celebration [Ignis]

What kind of present to choose, so much variety and selection you thought, the soles of your shoes clicking against the marble flooring of the merchandise store. Pots, pans, metal kennels, and kitchen utensils dangled from the metal hooks of the racks.

"C'mon f-n, it doesn't take long to select a random present for Ignis. He'll like anything you purchase specifically for him." Noctis assured, bumping into your shoulder on purpose as a minor warning to pick up the walking pace. Impatience was produced in the ebony haired male's voice. He never was interested in accompanying you in the first place. Noctis could have been playing one of those first person shooter games with Prompto in the arcade a few blocks away. Unfortunately, the blonde was preoccupied with regarded training involving his Crownsguard abilities. Taking the lucky opportunity, you dashed off with the ravenette to search and forge for the perfect gift for the bespectacled birthday man.

"Then what would you propose?" You inquired, propping your fingers along your waistline awaiting an expected answer.

"Cook something special for him. My old man always told me that the best gifts are created right at the tip of our fingers and at home." He answered with a shrug, sauntering to you.

"That's the most intelligent thing you have told me since using a Firaga spell to spark a campfire."

"Oh come on! That was one time and it was chilly!" He complained, his lower lip jutting outward in a pout.

"Cold enough to burn the tents meant for sleeping in?" You retorted back, raising a brow at the ravenette. Ouch, talk about an unexpected comeback.

Time Skip
"You think Ignis will like it?" You questioned Noctis, feet frequently leaping up and down from the ground in anxiousness. It would be the most overbearing experience and sensation if he even disliked any portion of your surprise.

"Don't fuss about it so much. He'll love anything that your creative mind can come up with." Noctis assured, tangling his fingers around the white string attached to a green balloon in boredom. He didn't understand one bit why you were expecting so much from the mini surprise created in his right hand man's honor. Noctis predicted that Ignis would adore the effort shoved into this small event. He was positive that the green hued male even forgot about his birthday with his schedule crammed with required meetings and other essential tasks at hand.

"I hope so. I wouldn't want Ignis to be glun on his special day." You responded, standing on your tippy toes to stretch the banner across the doorway. Noctis walked adjacent to you, grabbing the corner of the banner.

"You want to tape it here?" Noctis asked, watching you with his cobalt eyes.

"Please do. I appreciate the help Noct." You spoke in gratitude, lending him a small piece of tape into his awaiting hand. The prince pasted the banner in its exact position you wished.

Once the door bell rang, your heart leapt through your rib cage in anticipation. What if he despises everything? What if I mispelled the sentence plastered on all the birthday streamers and decorations? Sensing the tension pulsating through your bones, Noctis dug the tips of his fingers into your shoulder giving it a brief massage. His expression screamed reassurance and happiness. So much pressure over such a little thing. He couldn't help, but envy over how expressive you were through these actions. You must have really loved him to the inner core.

"I'll go fetch that door then leave. Good luck on confessing." Noctis announced, treading towards the closed door. Every step, your heartbeat increased faster in tempo.

There he was. All prepped and polished in the usual suit he wore, his leather shoes pressed close toegther and his tall posture sharp. No room for error in appearance either.

"f-n, Noctis. What on Eos are you both doing here?" His voice was, as always, accented in a charismatic tone.

"Leaving. See you around Ignis." Noctis responded forthright, walking past the adviser without a second glance before pausing midstep. "Happy birthday once again Specs."

You gulped down the choking sensation accumulating in your throat, tugging at the coarse material of your collar in desperation. Just react, please you prayed to the Six, lacing your fingers behind your back. His breathtaking, keen emerald eyes zoomed across the premises of his own home sucking in all the surroundings. An assortment of colored balloons decorated the ceiling, some tied to furniture while others dangled loosely by a platic thread. A huge banner with the words 'Happy Birthday Ignis!' outstretched across one of the door frames.

"Quite impressive I might say." Your breath hitched at his compliment.

Concealing all the excitement inside, you spoke, "Thanks. I gained a little help from your sneaky prince about using a keycard to gain authorization into your apartment. Sorry for intruding into your personal space."

"Nonsense. I am relieved to see you here in all retrospect." Ignis reassured, removing his black blazer from his slender form, discarding it onto the back of a chair.

"And why's that Mr. Scientia?" You interrogated the male, addressing him in a respective manner.

"Because," He continued, taking languid steps in your general direction, "I have earned myself the right to spend this stupendous day alongside such a beautiful maiden." His voice lowered nearly into a whisper, bordering a seductive tone. You tensed a little in surprise, leaning into his leather clad hand caressing your cheek.

"Now, I hope there is much more than just a sweet dinner in the kitchen area."

"That's only the appetizer. The main course awaits you in the bedroom." You recited, cringing a little at the sentence. Noctis insisted on using it on the bespectacled man.

Ignis chuckled, "Very well. Let us see how far your patience can go."

A long afternoon awaited you, but it would be all worth it in the end. Spending a passionate night alongside such an intellectual, kind man.