Letter Exchanges [Noctis] Day 2

"Call it old fashioned, but I still think its cute when someone writes you a love letter."

Four paws scattered across the wooden panel floor briskly, its tongue lolling out from its mouth. Its suspension belt kept mainly for letters bounced lightly against its furry black body along with its skittish movements. Its muscles halted, the animal raising onto its hind legs to paw at the surface of the door in plea. The messenger's tail wagged happily at the sight of its designated receiver, licking the owner's hand in appreciation as her slender arm looped around its miniature form. You nuzzled your nose into its thick fur, kissing the dog lightly on the head.

"Tell me Umbra, what kind of letter have you retrieved for me today?" You asked the husky, happily sitting on its hind legs for further instruction, tilting its head in a questioning manner.

Your fingers tugged away at the string sealing the green cylinder tube, sliding the container's compartments into your palms. The black and white husky leapt into your lap, nuzzling its wet nose into your hand. You giggled softly at the messenger's adorableness, straightening out the curled letter.

Dear f-n,
Hope you you're having a wonderful evening today. Fantasizing about that beautiful, gorgeous face of yours. See you soon sweetheart~

A smile twitched on your lips at the loving letter, placing it on the nearby desk beside you. The husky leapt onto the ground, glancing up towards you with a lapping tongue, wagging its tail with absolute happiness. That little mutt may or may not have picked up a little crush on you. The messenger personally never barked in retaliation whenever approached by you, Lunafreya, or Noctis. Most would be shocked at the stubborn behavior of the playful dog, growing weary after the wild goose chases of the mutt. Maybe he earned that mischievous attitude from the owner himself, the Lucii prince by the name of Noctis. Constantly dragging its mud stained paws onto the spotless cleaned floors of the palace. It still amazed you of how it never has been caught once in its whole lifetime as letter exchanger, or became exhausted of the frequent travel trips it was forced to take.

"Here you go Umbra. Godspeed to Noctis please." You requested as you passed a scribbled letter into his emerald sash, laughing at how its four legs mushed passed the doorway cutely, its tail dangling between its legs.

You released an exaggerated sigh, examining the large stack of paper taunting you with its immense paragraphs and signatures previously signed days ago by the king to be reviewed over. The day would continue to progress excessively slow this evening.

Time Skip
"Victory!" You screamed at the top of your lungs, stretching your arms above your head in relief.

A bright smile framed upon your lips, swiping on your touch screen phone between your fingers, typing away at the displayed keyboard actively on screen. A small sound effect of a bubble sounded from your phone's speaker as you pressed the send button on your messaging app. You patiently awaited an answer before hearing a quiet scratching noise echo from your closed door. Standing up from your previous spot on your swivel chair, you widened the door barely a few inches before a thick black fur ball wormed its way through the crack, barring its healthy canines in greeting.

"Silly dog, why did Noctis send you?" You chimed while placing your hands on your waistline in a sassy manner.

It only barked in response, nuzzling its abdomen into your leg causing a small burst of laughter erupt from your lips.

"Man, Noctis sure is lucky to have an adorable servant constantly patrolling around his feet, always keeping track of his daily life." You stated with a bashful grin, digging your fingers into the crown of its head. It licked your hand in approval, jabbing its right paw playfully at your foot in boredom.