Awkward Crushing [Noctis]

Prince of Lucis, son of the almighty and all powerful Regis Caelum. The long line of heirs to the throne maintaining the sacred barrier till death. Most questioned it as selfish act, housing the luminous crystal within the most central building of the capital city of Insomnia, the palace itself housing all subjects loyal to the Lucis line. Servants, adviser, officials, a single pringle of a prince who could never encourage himself to earn a girlfriend because of his self habit of stuttering and acting like the most shy male on the planet. Not the smooth reserved prince who most mentioned him as. Handsome as Prince Charming noted in fairy tales, but as fierce as a wolf.

His eyes definitely defined that description, glimmering and glowing like a wolf atop a mountain howling towards the moon in might. Noctis' skill of wielding an arsenal of swords to guns to legendary royal arms forged from the tomb of his forefathers. Though, nothing could describe the vivid disappointment and annoyance plastered on his best friend's expression as the prince's eyes continued to scan a maid most likely around his age without no shame, cheeks lightening into a tender shade of pink whenever he believed that she'd turn around to meet his curious, cerulean gaze.

"Noct, instead of watching her like a stalker just go on and talk to her. You know, have an actual conversation with someone besides a guy." Prompto spoke in a hushed tone, not taking the risk of being overheard by other strolling servants doing their personal assignments without end.

"You're kidding me right? I'd blow my chance with her if I spoke with her. I don't even know her name." Noctis whispered back with slight dissatisfaction, focusing his gaze onto the thousand words illuminated beneath the lamp shade of the quiet private library. His supposed bespectacled friend tricked him into trotting into the library thinking that the newest video game release would be given to him as a surprise gift before experiencing the disappointing result of having a report being thrown into his possession without warning.

"Besides, I have more official things to do." He murmured gesturing towards the thick paged booklet with his ballpoint pen, multicolored sticky notes jutting out from closed portions.

"Having a break won't shatter your concentration anyways. I bet she has a crush on you too by her behavior." Noctis' eyes almost instinctively pounced upward from the boring words on the statistics of the book, interlocking eyes accidentally with the maid. Of course, that maid was you. You twisted your head back towards the dusty table in front of you, averting all your attention away much towards the ravenette's confuzzled emotions. Am I creeping her out? Of course you are stupid! Why the hell would she be avoiding eye contact? His voice rang internally, squeezing the pen tightly between his fingers.

"Quit squeezing the living ink out of that pen. It didn't do anything wrong to you." The platinum blonde exclaimed quietly, plucking out the pen swiftly from the prince's fingers leaving him empty and unoccupied.

"Hand that back."

"No. Not until you actually gain yourself some confidence and talk to her!" Prompto spoke hushly, tucking the pen into the back pocket of his jeans.

"Aren't we acting a little stubborn today?" The ravenette questioned desperately, silently hoping to escape the situation lickity-split.

"Nope." He chimed, wearing an impish smile.

The Lucian prince sighed in disbelief at how unreasonable his friend acted, rising from his chair.

"Fine then. Besides, I was presumably going to speak with her anyways."

"Haha, sure you were~" The gunslinger cooed sarcastically, crossing his arms over his chest.

Noctis had to admit before completely embarrassing himself to the only admireful lady in Lucis, Leide, anywhere, that her maid outfit definitely suited her slender form. God, he would spend as much as fifty thousand Gil just to cradle her form against his, lovingly. Not in a creepy, greedy, stalkerish way of course. His fingers curled and unfurled frequently during his pleasant trip towards her occupied, but vulnerable to greeting figure. Awkwardness flushing his whole system, his boot caught against one of the legs of the table he recently approached with her back still facing him. An undignified yelp slipped past his lips, cheeks rising in temperature, vision flooded with the greyish white texture of the sleek cobblestone floor. He tripped, landing directly at her feet out of all things.

"Prince Noctis? Is the floor that interesting to study without any warning?" The maid chimed humorously, tilting her head with a lopsided grin.

His cerulean orbs met her e/c ones, regretting his decision a little. He was enraptured and speechless at how enchanting her eyes were. Even from afar, he never could have imagined standing, or lying stomach first, inches from her form. It actually sent a chill of exhilaration through his bones.

"Totally. Couldn't say it better myself." Noctis responded back in the most smooth voice he could muster. His fingers curled around the edging of the table, hoisting himself back onto his feet, towering only about one or two inches above the young female servant. Technically, he wasn't the tallest man either.

"Didn't know the floor had much of a personality by itself alone Prince Noctis." She spoke. Damn, even her voice sounds soothing he thought, plastering a friendly and handsome smile on his lips.

"Yeah. Maybe we could have a cup of coffee or something about how astounding floors are." Noctis slyly asked with a heavy tint of crimson highlighting his pale cheeks. His fingers kept himself distracted, away from the girl standing before him.

"I believe that would be most helpful. Though, I'm not very fond of drinking coffee. Does brewed tea fit your taste buds?"

"Sure does. I'm not too fond of that caffeine drink either to be honest. Tea will be fine with me." Noctis replied back with a comforting grin, a rosy blush illuminating the maid's cheeks.

"W-Wonderful. I'll begin preparations for our meeting. Excuse me Prince Noctis." Her laced ebony boots beated against the polished floor, her hands neatly laced over her uniform skirt struggling to conceal the joyful and giddy smile tickling its way across her lips.

Once she exited the room out of earshot, the young prince fist bumped the air. "Ramuh, I can't believe I did it." He breathed out in disbelief, rubbing the nape of his neck with his gloved hand.

"Told you that you could do it. But, let me just mention something about your little chit chat." Pronpto chimed, joining his side and slapping him encouragingly on the shoulder blade.

"What's that?"

"Floors. Really dude?" The blonde questioned with a raised brow.

"Don't blame me for trying." Noctis retorted, tilting his head away to obscure his crimson cheeks from the gunslinger's keen eyes.

"No need to hide anything from me bro. Say the word and I'll gladly help you with speaking."

"What's wrong with the way I talk?" Noctis asked with narrowed eyes.

"Everything. Just...let me smooth out the creases of you being a conversationalist."