Lifesaver [Ignis] Day 4

From the first time I laid my eyes upon you, I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life avoiding you.

Those spectacles that blurred those magnificent emerald eyes of his, how his polished suit hugged his slender yet manly figure. You knew he meant business, political business to be precise. Yet out of all odds, he had to come and approach you formally, his hands clasped behind his back wearing a stone expression, completely devoid of any genuine smile or emotion.

"What do you want Mr. Scientia?" You questioned with annoyance, continuously scribbling down a bunch of lines of text on the lined paper, refusing to meet the loyal adviser's deadpan stare.

"The meeting shall begin soon. Would you like to accompany me there to the room?"

"No thanks, I've got tons of work load to finish. Besides, don't you have the prince to take care of?" You chided, connecting your eyes in a heated dance of concealed anger.

That's the only reason why you were in this mess. You have the most unique and quickest technique of skimming over the most confusing reports and still had enough stamina to copy it down into a shorter, more understandable piece in the city. Almost the same day as you moved into Insomnia, this green eyed egg head suddenly barged a series of knocks onto your door. Things either went downhill or uphill depending on your perspective. Being a loyal and treasured interpreter of these overdone and largely worded reports, and living in the most exquisite and immersive palace in the whole region. Downside, tons of paper work and a bespectacled male who couldn't prevent himself from breathing down your neck.

"Your penmanship seems a bit too messy."

"Maintain proper posture. It reveals to the judges that you have no means or respect of having to be there."

Not one single phrase or word of praise. 'Exquisite work f-n.' 'Expected amount of word count, well done.' Nope, not a single word of thanks. That strategist could have been possibly testing your ability to write innumerable reports perhaps. Or he hated you with all his heart. Maybe this is what the Prince of Lucis frequently complained about. Even his shrieks of annoyance could be overheard through the thick palace walls.

"Are you listening?" His accented voice beckoned you from your thinking land, lightly glaring at the emerald eyed man with agitation.

"Yes Mr. Scientia." You responded calmly, your arms crossed over your chest with a deadpan expression.

His highly expensive leather shoes clicked out the room, one of his slender animal hided hands twisting the doorknob shut behind him. You internally groaned at your rude attitude towards the tall male. Sure, Ignis was certainly more strict than most serving in the palace, yet his heart was gold. Even through the slickest and difficult situations, he still had the brains to think his way through it. King Regis definitely made the right decision of choosing him as the prince's faithful adviser.

Time Skip
The sun's gleaming rays showered down from the hallway windowsill, lightly illuminating the hallway certain ranges. The tan folder was tucked neatly between your fingers, trembling a little in anticipation. You were technically meeting with the closest judges to the monarch about the recent Imperial skirmishes and uproars outside the crown city walls. The bloody descriptions of the invasion on Galahd certainly jabbed your buttons a little. All the citizens within the nature enclosed city were innocent. No man or woman deserved to die at the onslaught of bullets and rockets.

Meeting a grand pair of metal doors heavily scripted with gold vine-like designs, you pushed one of the doors open meeting multiple pairs of eyes on the spot. Quite the grand entrance apparently to appear two minutes later than expected. With your head lowered in embarrassment, you were immediately escorted by one of the door guards to your seat, adjacent to the slender yet masculine figure of the bespectacled man. His olive eyes briefly met your half-lidded ones before reverting them to the sorted papers in front of him. Maybe if you were more attentive, you could've noticed the small watercolor shade of pink staining his complexion.

"Now, about those skirmishes that have been happening outside the walls." Regis announced, leaning back into the red cushioned chair supporting him.

"Your Majesty, many of the Imperials seem to have been scavenging the outskirts of the city for spare metal parts." One wise judge stated, glancing towards the monarch with a weary gaze.

"The attack on Galahd, was a mere experimentation of Niflheim testing their newest created guns on non-aggressive people to fully test whether or not they work to their highest potential." The man adjacent to you stated, his calico eyes reflecting sorrow despite the calm fake expression he wore.

"f-n, what reports have you noticed when searching the latest observations and attacks?" The Majesty's voice rumbled in your voice before fully sinking in completely. The king, wanted you to join on the conversation! Most meetings, you were a bystander silently taking notes, trying to contain all the concealed knowledge. A week later, your papers would be recited by a different, more confident male to the judges. You thought the week would be indifferent from most. Apparently not.

You cleared your throat meekly before reciting your papers. "By scanning over the received information on latest raids, some dwellers in those parts confessed that magic, similar to the royal line of Lucis, was being used during it."

"What? Impossible! Only the prince and king of Lucis could bear the sacred gift of Lucii magic. No other man could ever wield it, besides the Kingsglaive." One retorted, crushing your self confidence a little.

"I agree. Most people cannot sustain the manpower to wield such powerful gifts. It seems the great l-n has reported false truths my liege." One of the females yielded. Your shoulders slumped at their warnings and complaints about your papers. All your words were the real truth, yet none seemed to be patient enough to understand and accept your statements.

"Silence. I believe her findings are true." A familiar voice intervened, his chair legs squeaking against the floor as he rose from his seat.

"I-Ignis?" You murmured, staring dazed at the adviser.

"I believe in these witty words of hers. Her findings could not be accounted as false. She personally interviewed bystanders of the tragedy. I will initiate more investigations on the event to supposedly persuade you all to believe in her statements." The bespectacled man stated, lounging back into his seat.

Your eyes were completely widened and occupied with Ignis' words. He actually helped you? Before reverting your mortified expression towards the table, a rough texture brushed against your hand before completely lacing between your fingers. He was holding your hand, unusually kindly. The pad of his thumb brushed against your skin, your spine becoming rigid in seconds. What, what was he doing? You were completely baffled by his actions, yet didn't pull away from his comforting fingers.

Time Skip
"I-Ignis!" You hollered from across the corridor, taking hasty strides towards the straight postured male. He spun towards you with hiked eyebrows, waltzing towards your figure shortening the jog. You hunched over, pressing your hands against your thighs releasing shallow and ragged breaths earning a soft chuckle from the collected man. He could actually laugh? It was quite an enticing one too.

"T-Thanks. For what you did back there." You stammered, bobbing your head towards the pair of doors feet behind you.

"Do not mention it f-n. Your worthy investigations on these events have truly boggled my mind. I commend your loyalty to your job." Ignis responded sweetly, pushing his sharp glasses to the bridge of his nose out of habit.

"I do expect a prize in return." His words stung your conscience, growing puzzled at his words.

You stumbled back a few steps, latching your fingernails into his snazzy blazer, turning into a flushed mess. He was kissing you. Your mind couldn't even function properly to return the kiss. His animal hide gloves rubbed against your cheek, its brother holding you in place by the spine. The kiss was absolutely breathtaking, his slightly chapped lips pressing against your smoother ones adding friction between each occasional nibble on the lower lip. His calico eyes were obscured by his eyelids, his expression only revealing absolute happiness and bliss. He pulled away, taking soft pants to regain his proper composure again.

"That is all I wanted." He stated with a handsome smile, unlike anything you've seen before.

Author Notes
Sorry if Ignis seemed a bit OOC. I've never written an actual one-shot with him before. >·<