Revelations

Eli's POV

I didn't know someone could be so smart. Robin floored everyone in the auditorium. The shy girl vanished replaced by someone who was so sure of herself. My respect for Robin grew at that moment. I had heard Frederick had fought with her before the competition and saw it when he was avoiding her before the actual competition started.

"That girl in the dark sneakers is very smart" Someone whispered to me. I bit back a small smile.

"Yes she is. She's my dream girl" I said wistfully. I had tried getting over her but it wasn't possible.

"I can't blame you mate" I nodded. After the decathlon was over, It was obvious Ophiuchus High had won for the first time in two years. What was way obvious was that the overall best student was Robin.

"Eli, do I really have to wear a suit?" Double J complained. We were preparing for the awards. It was optional to go like the decathlon but I wanted Robin to see that I supported her like before and probably realise I was still in love with her.

"Yes, Double J. You have to wear a suit unless you prefer a tuxedo?" I laughed when I heard him groan. I knew it was all in good faith. Julian would do anything to make Robin happy. I knew that.

"She's hurting, Eli"

"Double J, she can't be hurting. She's so happy with Frederick" I responded a bit defensively. I hated it when Julian brought up Robin. Thinking of her with another guy actual broke me.

"It's an act Eli! Both of you are proud. You actually gave up love. who does that?" Double J said getting off my Ned and pacing around. I wasn't proud. I had wanted Robin! I had wanted a happy ever after with her!

"Julian, she chose someone else. You can't blame me. I told her I loved her but she didnt believe me"

"Your words weren't enough Eli. I just hate being the one wiping her secret tears because of you especially..." Julian was staring out the window. I was sure he was seeing Robin. I didnt go near it in case she spotted me and accused me of also spying on her.