Goodbyes are hard

Robins POV

I woke up to a massive headache and my body shaking violently. I didn't remember having a nightmare.

"Finally, you're awake!" Kieran looked at me with a mean gleam in his eyes. I groaned and got up.

"Kieran, do you have any idea what happens when someone wakes me up from my sleep!?" He was smirking and I couldn't help but shake my head. I loved him but he could be so annoying sometimes. 

"You get a headache and some other unimportant stuff. Robin, it's almost five. Mom said I had to wake you up for dinner and besides she needs to talk to you."

"Come on, let's go before I make up my mind to skin you" He looked a little scared. It was my turn to smirk. My parents were already seated when we got there. We took our places with mum smiling encouragingly. I remembered something I read in the email my uncle sent me.

"Momma, I thought I was going to New York tomorrow. I got an email from uncle Ted about a school in San Francisco." I bit into my piece of chicken.

"The original plan was for you to go there but your uncle moved to San Francisco."

"Why would he do that?" I just realised that wasn't a question I should have asked. I mean, why do people do anything any way?

"Blue Robin, your uncle decided San Francisco is a great place for a child your age so he got a house over there so you'd go to school" I looked at my momma for verification. She nodded and her eyes seemed glassy. There were tears in them. Uncle Ted really did love my mum. We continued our meal in silence. Even Kieran seemed sober. I wondered how he'd survive.

"Come into my room later, Kieran. I want you to help me out with something." He simply nodded and went back to his meal. Jeez Louise. It's not like I was never coming back.

"Momma, dad would I be coming back?" They shared a weird glance and looked at me. I could tell momma didn't want to break down in tears and dad was just being the man of the house.

"Of course Robin. You'll be coming back during some holidays." I smiled at dad. He beamed back at me. Dinner ended and I was thankful for that. It was Kieran's turn to do the dishes with mum so I rushed to my room and took out the envelops I'd gotten at work. I opened the one Lily gave me first. It contained three hundred dollars and caused me to tear up. They were so kind.
Ms Diana's envelop had seven hundred dollars. I stopped myself from bawling out loud. I didnt want my parents to see me crying and ask me what was wrong. They had a lot of worries. I decided to give Kieran just two hundred and keep the rest in my bank account so my uncle won't be buying everything for me.

"Robin, you still awake?"

"Yes momma. Come on." What did she want now?

"I just wanted to go over your travel plans. You'd have to take the bus to Baltimore before you take a flight to San Francisco. Your uncle will take care of the rest.  Where did you get this money?"

" From work today. Lily and the other waitresses gave me something and Ms Diana gave me my salary for this month and the next." I saw mum fiddling with her dress.

"That was sweet of her. I'll go thank her"

"Sure, momma. When should I leave?"

"You'd leave on the six o'clock bus to Baltimore."

"Momma, that's too early!"

"You know the flight would be for almost six hours. What do you expect? You can sleep all you want when you get to Frisco." I nodded. I knew it wasn't because of the flight. They wanted it to be easier. Momma wanted to tear up already.

"I think you should go. I want to pack some stuff." I didnt have a lot of clothes or shoes and she hated it. She sighed, kissed my forehead and left. I was empty and lonely, wishing I had a girlfriend to tell this to. I place two hundred dollars into one envelop and slipped them under my pillow. I decided I didn't want to see Kieran crying else I'd be forced to stay.

"Hey, you wanted to see me" Kieran poked his head through my door. His eyes looked like lead. That happened when he was extremely sad or worried. I didnt like either option.

"I had a problem with my ringtone but I've managed to work it out. I'm gonna pack. Catch you later."

"Sure Robin. Later" His tone was so flat that my heart broke. I went to him and hugged him. We didn't cry. There were no more tears to cry. He broke free first. "I love you sissy"

"I love you too, kiddo" He nodded and left me. I took a small duffle bag and place the little clothes I owned in it. Ironically, there was some space still in the bag. I placed my envelop in the bag.
I cleaned up my room and folded out the remaining clothes. I took one picture off my shelf. It was one of the happiest moments in life. I'd turn sixteen and momma and dad had taken Kieran and I to the park. It was half past seven when I was done. I took a small shower and went to bed.