Study date

Eli's POV

I'd forgotten I had soccer practice after school. Robin had already left with Stan when I remembered. I had her number luckily. She answered on the third ring.

"Hello Robin"

"Hi, Eli. Is there something wrong?" I smiled and waved Matt.

"I have soccer practice so I was wondering if we could meet at seven. I'd be home by then." I heard a sigh of relief.

"That would be alright. I'd catch up on some homework then. See ya"

"Later, Robin." She hang up and I went to the changing rooms. Julian patted my shoulder and quickly got changed. Coach Steele was already on the field and that was bad news. He was strict but friendly when he needed to be.
It was half past five when he was satisfied with our progress and let us leave the field. I went to take a small shower and joined the boys again.

"So, Eli. Robin's really hot right?" Matt was grinning and I shook my head.

"Didn't Annaliese teach you not to like hot girls?" I answered back and his face turned into one of disgust. Matt had loved Annaliese and everyone commended them on what a cute couple they'd been.

"Annaliese is just a bitch who doesn't know what's good except her makeup. Can you introduce me to Robin?" I shrugged.

"Let Julian do that. I'm on rocking grounds with her at the moment." It wasn't a lie but it wasn't the truth. I knew Robin as sweet as she was would accept Matt into her circle and it made me a little jealous.

"Sure. Double J, what do you say?"

"I can do that." Julian seemed to be playing a game and barely focused on us. I got dressed and bounded outside the school. Instead of a relaxing drive as I always had, I was in a hurry to get home.
As usual mum and dad weren't home. I went to make a couple of tuna sandwiches for the two of us. I went to take another warm shower and put on some slacks and a loose tee. It was five more minutes to seven and I couldn't wait. I googled something about Greek mythology. It was interesting.

"Hi Eli". I jumped at the voice. It was Robin. " nobody answered the door so I let myself in. I hope that's okay by you?"

"Sure, Robin. I guess I was too intrigued about the article I was reading to pay attention to the bell. Let's go downstairs." She nodded and followed my lead. I sent her to my small study room so we won't be disturbed. I had the sandwiches already on the table and I took two cups and orange juice.

"Here. This will help " she just nodded shyly. I smiled and poured her a cup of juice. She took one sandwich and nibbled on it. It was cute watching her but my tummy started protesting and I took one sandwich for myself.

"You said you were reading about Greek mythology. What did you find out?" Her voice was businesslike but I could tell she was a bit shy.

"Well, according to them there was this void that created the earth and the primordial gods"

"Chaos. The void's name was Chaos" I looked at her and she shrugged. "I love reading"

"Right. Did you bring a notepad or should I get one from upstairs?"

"Don't worry. I have enough sheets for the report. Let's get our research then first" i nodded and we took out our phones, searching every article online. I could see her making small notes. Her forehead was scrunched up in concentration. Her eyebrows were knitted together as she focused on the task at hand. I found it cute. It took us thirty minutes to finally come up with someone decent.

In the beginning was a void. Blackness and nothingness floating around the earth. This void and nothingness was called Chaos. Part of it dropped to the earth and formed the first primordial god called Gaea. Known as the the earth Mother. Gaea was lonely and Chaos humored her and created Ouranos another primordial god who became the manifestation of the skies. Ouranos was Lord of the universe and Gaea was his wife.
Chaos created Tartarus, another primordial god who was the manifestation of the terrible pits of doom and nothingness underneath the underworld. Tartarus and Chaos had a child together called Nyx, she became the representation of Night. All by herself, Nyx had a child called Hemera and she was known as day. Eros also born of Chaos but some stories conflict his birth as a Union between Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty, grace and love and Ares, the god of war.