The journal

Robin's POV

My uncle Ted made me cry. A lot of people told me i looked like my mum but how uncle Ted said it made me feel guilty. It was very evident he missed his sister and i was going to remind him of her every day. Maybe, i would ignore him.

"Thank you, uncle Ted for the new life" I whispered softly and he let go of me. His grey eyes reminded me of Kieran.

"Go with them, Robin. I'll see you in the evening and then we'll go over a lot stuff" I nodded and smiled. He turned to where Eli and Julian stood. "Now boys, please don't stress out my niece. She's had a long flight".

" Don't worry Mr Ted. Robin will be safe with us" I smiled at Eli and could have sworn he gave me a little smile but it disappeared soon. I didn't want to feel disappointed.

"RoAn, let's go" Double J took my hand and I waved my uncle and Stanley who gave me a small nod.  Julian was talking but I had zoned out.
I liked him. Why did it feel like I liked  him? His voice was masculine yet gentle and made me feel like going places I never realised existed. Elidamus Darren Johnson. His dark  hair was wavy and beautiful. I felt like running my fingers through them.
Robin! Control your thoughts! Double J opened the door to a silver Chevrolet for me. He wanted to sit by me but Eli motioned for him to get in front. Julian shrugged and went to sit by Eli.

"Where do you want to go first, Robin?"

"How about you guys get your stationery first? I'm sure something will pop in mind afterwards." He nodded but Double J groaned.

"Jeez, aunt Laurie will like you, RoAn. You hit the books too early, huh?" I smiled and blushed which earned me a smirk from Double J.

"I guess. I want to take a lot of AP's this year" Their eyes grew wide and I shrugged. I mean, what's the point of going to school if not to study?

"What about the parties?" Eli asked keeping his eyes on the road.

"I've never been to a party before." I think I should have lied about it but I couldn't. My dad would have been disappointed.

"RoAn, why haven't you been to a party before? You're in your junior year!" I rolled my eyes at Double J. Being a junior didnt mean anything.

" I was never invited to one so I just stayed at home and studied."

"Why wouldn't anyone invite you to a party?"

"I didn't really have friends back in River Hill. My family wasn't rich enough so I was alone". I choked back my tears but I saw that they glistened in my eyes anyway. Eli stopped the car in front of a big shop. Virgo stationery. We entered and I gasped. It was a book lovers heaven. There were shelves of different books and I could see all kinds of pens.
Eli and Double J picked up a couple of notebooks and some pens and pencils while I followed them quietly taking in my surroundings. I could spend hours in here just looking at everything.

" RoAn, your name is also McCurdy so I take it Ted is your actual uncle right?"

"Right" I knew where this was going. Back at River Hill, no one knew about my parents families so I was saved.

"Why then do you say you weren't rich enough? Theodore McCurdy is one of the richest people in this country." I winced when Double J mentioned my granddad's name. They saw my reaction because they shared a look.

"My mum was pregnant with me in college so her dad disowned her. My dad refused to leave my mum and I so his family disowned him too. I got into River High with a partial scholarship" I shrugged like it was no big deal. I never had a lot of new stuff. I never got what I wanted but I was used to it. At least I had a family that cared.  Before I realised what was happening, Double J hugged me. It felt nice to be hugged by someone other than my family. He broke free and squeezed my hand.
Eli came and hugged me too. His felt safe and warm. It made me feel like I belonged. He kissed my cheek and we continued walking in the store.
That was when I saw it. A beautiful cyan journal. I flipped it open and the pages felt delicate. I knew it had to have it.  Double J and Eli saw me with the book and they came over.

"Are you gonna get that? You do seem like the writing kinda person" I blushed at Julian's compliment.

"I was thinking of getting it but I realised I left my bag at home. Maybe another time" I said sadly. I hoped Stanley would drive me here tomorrow to get it.

"That won't be needed Robin. I'll get it for you and before you complain think of it as a Welcome to San Francisco gift from me" I couldn't help myself. I hugged Eli. It was so sweet of him.  I picked out some gel pens under their influences and followed them to the counter. Eli paid for everything and we got out. It was sad to step out of the store but I consoled myself by saying I'd be back.

"Next stop is the mall. Buckle up RoAn, it's gonna be a long ride" I shook my head at Double J and hugged my new journal close to me.