19: What's so special about it?

"What are you doing?" I heard a voice come from behind me. I didn't waste the time and energy to looking to see who it is because she immediately sat beside me on my lunch table.

I chewed down the food that was in my mouth and asked her instead, "What are you doing? This is my lunch table."

"Hmm...," Marge thought fakely. "Your name isn't written on it."

"And besides," Maven said, coming out of nowhere and dropping his tray on the table and sat across from me, "I'm pretty sure the President can sit anywhere he wants."

"A good president wouldn't abuse his power." I shot back.

He opened his mouth to say something, but he didn't.

"His Majesty The Vice King is about to sit on a random girl's lunch table!" Phillip announced before sitting down beside Maven.

For a few seconds, we all just sat there staring at one another. Another few seconds later, Eve joined our little staring game, sitting down beside me on my left side.

Eve nudged my elbow. "Are we being invaded?"

"Because if they're the ones invading us then I will give up without a fight." She added, whispering it quietly.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Like I'll ever let anybody invade our table. We've been sitting here since freshman year."

"We come in peace," Marge said, stretching every word like Eve and I didn't understand english.

I took a bite of my chicken sandwich. I chewed it carefully, my eyes squinted, trying to figure out what their deal is here.

They didn't seem to care because they were eating.

"What do you want?" I finally spoke to Maven because he looks like their leader.

I was nervous, of course. Talking to the guy I've been dying to talk to for years was, I assure you, nerve-racking.

But I didn't let any of the nervousness show in my voice. I gotta be confident or else I might be too obvious.

"A private jet plane." Maven answered.

"At least five luxurious cars," Phillip answered as well without looking up from his food.

"And a VIP trip to Disney World." Marge said.

I let out a deep breath in irritation. If they're like this, then why did I look up to them in the first place. 

"I meant why are you sitting here? The spot where you always sat is open," I made myself clearer, motioning my head from across the lunchroom to where they always sat.

"Too lazy to walk all the way there," Phillip answered.

My mouth dropped open at their reasoning.

"Not that I'm allowing you guys to invade my table, but I'm leaving. I was done eating anyway. And so was Eve. Let's go, Eve." 

I won't last another minute eating with the three of them. Only because, I was already having a bad day and people invading and seating on this particular table always made my blood boil. Even if those people are these three.

And also because I'm really scared that I'll embarrass myself in front of Maven. If I already did then I'm scared that I'll embarrass myself in front of him even more.

She did a double take. "I just got here."

I motioned my head to the door, silently screaming, "Come on."