33: It's a total lie!

Somebody, well, two people once told me that roller skating was just like riding a scooter. Except, about six times harder. I mean, seriously, riding a scooter was something I could do even when my eyes were closed. But, roller skating? That's a whole other story.

At least, that's what I thought when I was first learning how to roller skate. I fell down six times the first time I skated. The next morning I had this big bruise on my knee and my ankle was in so much pain.

Now, as I skate, I thought of everything I went through-- every fall I fell, every bruise I had to put an ice pack on-- and realized how much that experience is like teenage years. Just like skating, it'll take you awhile to get a hang of life. And usually, those falls and bruises occur on the teenage years. I mean, it's when we all make our first independent decisions. It's when we try a lot of things for the first time. Then, we learn from those experiences. Sometimes, we may think that we actually already have the hang of it, that we're the experts on life-- like how I often thought the first times I skated-- and we wouldn't fall. But we will. And sometimes it's harder and more painful than the first falls.

Oh great, I'm being too mature and deep. Why would I compare skating and life? Alright, time to redeem myself. All I was saying was that, make good decision, kids.

I've been skating laps around the rink for about 10 minutes now. I wasn't going too fast and not too slow. Just neutral. We all tried to teach Marge how to skate, but eventually, we all gave up one by one. She could already skate, at least a little. She could already move by herself but she falls often.

I didn't wanna be rude but it was a little funny.

It was like Maven and Marge's conversation a while ago in the parking lot didn't happen at all. They were having tons of fun. Maven was the only one not giving up on her. Phillip would help her from time to time but then he would go leave them to race with Jay and Ross. I skate near the walls to avoid those fast skaters. Eve got tired pretty quick and just went out the rink for a while to rest.

I tried not to think about what I intentionally-- I'm sorry, I will never do that again-- heard a while ago. That was the thing, I just tried. But it didn't mean that I succeeded. I just felt uncomfortable the whole night.

I mean, those were two people who liked each other. But one of them was afraid to take it a level up because it might ruin their friendship. And then my name got mixed up. Unless it wasn't me. But, since it was still my name, what was I supposed to think? I knew I wasn't supposed to hear it but I did. And I regret it. Because now I just can't. . . . I didn't know what to make of it.

I just didn't want to think but at the same time, I couldn't make myself to stop thinking of it.

Ross rushed past me with a speed I'm pretty sure is dangerous enough to hurt somebody. Then Jay, then Phillip. I never understood boys.

"Ross! Guys! Slow down!" I yelled, making my pace faster to higher the chance of them hearing me.

I stopped at the far end of the rink where Marge was skating slowly back and forth from the left wall to the right, and Maven sat on the floor, leaning on the center back wall.

Marge smiled at me as she tried to balance herself. "Angel! I thought you said this was just like riding a scooter!"

"Don't blame me. That's what the people told me when I was learning." I laughed.

"It's a total lie!"

I sat down beside Maven.

"I'm tired." He said, his legs were spread out on the floor.

"I don't believe you. Go race with the other guys. Look at how much fun they're having." We both watched the three people, we all know who those were, who were faster than everybody else.