30: I'm not a princess.

"So. . . what's up with this room?"

"A fancy room," Phillip answered. he sat on the couch next time mine as he played his video game. Marge was in the dining room, protecting her snack bar.

"Yeah, what's up with it?"

"It's fancy."

I am clearly asking the wrong question. I should've just asked why we were here. 

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be in school? Maven said there's a student council meeting." I changed the subject.

"Well, Marge is sick so she couldn't come. And I have a dentist appointment so I couldn't come either. And, Maven is the president so he has no choice." Phillip explained.

"But, Marge isn't sick and you don't have a dentist appointment."

"Good job, Ange." He said, sarcastically. "You figured it out."

I stood up from the couch and turned to walk to the dining room to where Marge was. I thought that maybe I could have a decent conversation with her instead. While on my way there, I texted Maven because he told me to text him when I got here.

"Take one step closer and I will ban you from this area forever!" Marge threatened as I got closer to her and the snacks. I raised my hands up in the air like surrendering to the cops.

"I come in peace!"

"What do you want?"

I shrugged. "Nothing. Just wanted someone to talk to. I promise I won't steal anymore MnM's."

Marge examined my face to see if I was lying. Which, I wasn't. 

"Okay." she gave in.

I walked to her and leaned against a table. "So, nice room you got here."

Marge looked around the place. She hesitated before saying, "Yeah.."

"Where have you been the past few days? I'm sure everyone misses you at school." 

"I've been here."

Like, here here? On this hotel in this room? I'm sure a one night stay in a regular room was already expensive enough. 

"Wow." I just said. I tried to be careful. "Are you on a vacation? Or, like, did you run away from home?"

She laughed. "Run away from home? No. No. This is my home."

I nodded as I processed her words. Then it sunk in. "I'm sorry, what now?"

Marge laughed more. which made me feel dumb and out of place. 

"Angel, don't be surprised, but my family kinda owns this place."

"Are you serious?"

"I thought everyone at the school knew!"

"Well, I didn't!"

When I was in middle school, Eve and I used to plan everything about our future. We said that we would go to a good college here in our state then go to Med school after graduating in a different one. We planned that we would be roommates and that we would share everything from food, car, money, those things. But, I also thought that we wouldn't have enough money to pay for an out of state college. 

Yeah, sure, maybe we'd get a scholarship. But still, maybe we wouldn't.

So I thought that we should befriend someone rich that could help us study in a different state. It's not that we were going to use this person. I mean, we won't force him or her to pay for our tuition. But, eventually, the thought fade away because we thought that no one in Carmela High was the daughter of a CEO or a politician. I never removed it from my bucket list, though.