32: -But, Angel?

"Ah!" I screamed.

"What?!" Phillip panicked.

"Your shirt!" I pointed at his chest. He was wearing a white t-shirt and it was bathed in red. It wasn't like that when I left him a while ago to meet with the professor. I rode in the front seat and closed the door.

I made him wait here in the parking lot for me that way he could drive me home as well. And now, it's been two hours, and he was still here.

"Did you get shot by an arrow?" I asked him. "Or got stabbed by a knife?"

Phillip muttered something unintelligible.

"Answer me."

"It was the mini-pancakes!" Phillip yelled with an accusing tone.

I nodded to myself slowly, remembering what I did to the pancakes. I made it so that the container was impossible to open, and when he does open it, the raspberry syrup would explode everywhere.

"Right," I laughed guiltily.

"Why would you ever do that?" 

"Because I was frustrated this morning and all kinds of ideas popped in my head. I even thought about instead of making you mini-pancakes, I'd make you an extra large one."

"That is evil."

I nodded in agreement. "I know. But then I saw the raspberry syrup and decided to just do this," I motioned my hand at his white shirt that is now partly darkish pink, "instead."

Phillip started the car.

"On the plus side," I tried to look at the positive side of my prank. "Now you smell like raspberries."

"Do you like raspberries?" Phillip asked as he drove out of the parking lot.

I shivered. "Ew, no. I mean, I could stand it a little but. . . no."

"It's a good thing I smell like raspberries then." Phillip joked.

I rolled my eyes and heaved out a sigh. "Don't you have a swim meet today?" I changed the topic.

"I do," Phillip paused, "I think."

"You're not sure?" I asked him in disbelief. "You're the captain of the swim team!"

Phillip smiled. "I was kidding. I remember, of course."

I suddenly got excited. His smile suddenly felt so familiar. I've always thought that he looks good when he smiled. Although, I'm pretty sure about 90% of the school population thinks that.

I wonder what would've happened if I wasn't Seventh or if he wasn't Zero. I mean, we still would've met but would we be this close? Or would we be closer?

What if I never found out that he was Zero?

Phillip teased and annoyed me a lot-- with his sarcastic answers and all that-- in the short time that we've known each other. But instead, I laughed. I had fun. For a guy, he was a good listener. For a smart guy, he forgot things a lot. He wasn't the most open person I knew. He was a little more guarded than Maven and Marge.

Marge was this ecstatic, smart, and a light going person. After the thing with the fancy room last night, I realized that there was more to her than I knew. Than she let me knew. I also knew that she loved reading and she's going to protect her MnM's no matter what. She's shy, but when she needed to stand up, she would.

Maven was a decision maker. He was strong but at the same time, he was soft. The way he used his voice was powerful. Geez, he could move the whole school if he wanted to. He was protective and intelligent and, I couldn't deny this, he was sweet. But, he was still a high school teenager. Behind all those leadership qualities, he was just like everybody else in Carmela High.