17: What happened to you?

To: Seventh
From: Zero
-7:43pm-

It's not creepy. It's mysterious.

And, it's pretty cool too don't you think, Ange?

-Zero

.

To: Zero
From: Seventh
-8:18pm-

Don't call me that. Let's keep it professional. I'm Seventh. You're Zero.

Well, at least until I find out who you are anyway.

And no dude. It's just creepy.

-Seventh

.

To: Seventh
From: Zero
-6:17am-

That's if you find out.

I'll see you at school.

-Zero

I read his reply. I sighed. I closed my laptop slowly and slouched on the chair. Should I change my school now? I should probably just be home-schooled until whoever Zero was forgot that he even met me through emails.

I bent down and zipped my backpack under the table. I put my backpack on and headed downstairs.

Unlike yesterday, today I actually had time to eat breakfast. I guess I was so stressed that I couldn't even sleep last night because of Zero. He was also the reason I woke up early because it wasn't a very sound sleep.

I'm just scared that he'll expose everything I told him about Maven.

I was also thinking about what if he was a friend of Maven and he already told him about it?

What if he was Maven?

I let out a heavy sigh and pressed my hand on my forehead as I ate breakfast.

The sound of the door opening turned my attention to our main door. Eve and her brother, Jay, walked in.

Jay was younger than us by a year. He was a junior and went to the same school as us, of course.

Eve and Jay greeted my mom good morning and sat down beside me on our dining table.

I looked at Jay who was grabbing a slice of bread.

"What?" He asked just before he took a bite.

"You're not Zero are you?" I asked him, my eyes searched his eyes for doubt or anything that could give him away.

"For the pen-pal program?" He looked down at his bacon then answered, "I'm Fifteenth."

"I'm Storm," said Eve, taking a bite from her toast bread.

"How come you're not a number?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe they made it to be more organized or something. Like, grouping people with what they have in common."

I shook my head without thinking it over. "I don't think so. Jay and I have nothing in common. And, that would be too obvious and be a new low for our already very low school."

"Hey, do you have mini-pancakes?" Jay asked out of nowhere.

"Do you see any mini-pancakes?" I retorted.