21: He's my friend.

After school, they spotted me on my locker and dragged me out to the parking lot. Maven drove us to Wal-mart, which is a 10-minute drive from the high school. We didn't really know what we were doing there.

At first, we decided that we should grab some food and eat it outside later. But then we got lured into the book section of the store. I love it that even the guys were interested in the books so they didn't complain at all when Marge and I were taking too long on deciding what novel to get.

"I really want to read these books. But, I only want to buy one," she pouted. She lifted the books up to my face. "Which one should I get?"

I looked at the books. One was To Kill a Mockingbird, and the other was Return to The Isle of the Lost.

"Return to the Isle of The Lost? Seriously?" I smiled, thinking if she got that I was just joking.

"What? I loved the first movie." Marge returned the smile, which relaxed me.

On my short time with them so far, I found I already got comfortable around them. Not with Maven, since I don't think I'll ever get that comfortable-comfortable around him while having these feelings but, with Phillip and Marge, I mean.

"Just get both," I suggested.

Marge looked like she's having a debate against herself in her haid.

She sighed in defeat. "Fine. Phillip! You'll pay for the second book."

Marge looked back to Phillip and Maven. Without arguing, Phillip simply answered, "Yep."

Marge grinned. Then pulled me out of the book isle.

Out of the three of them, Marge seems to be the more, how do I say this, enthusiastic one. The guys are more, reserved. They only trailed behind us, talking and laughing with each other. Sometimes, we join in their conversation, but it dies out after Marge and I see something worth buying but don't have the budget.

They were mostly food.

We passed by the toys section, and I saw something.

I found an Iron Man mask and wore it. The three seem to have found their masks too. Maven was wearing a Batman mask, Phillip a Captain America one with the shield in his arm, and Marge wore a supergirl cape.

We all smiled mischievously at each other. I was getting the feeling that they were all thinking what I was thinking.

It ended up with me and Maven being teammates, and Phillip and Marge were together.

The 2 teams separated as we planned our attack.

"I can't lose this battle," I told Maven, trying not to show my nerves with being around him. "But, I can't do this on my own."

"I won't let my mom down," Maven said with his best Batman voice imitation.

I covered my mouth to keep myself from laughing out loud.

"Don't laugh. This is serious," Maven continued his imitation.

"Why is this so serious?" I said between my laughs.

"Because I'm Batman!"

I laughed more and wasn't able to contain it.

"Come on, man. We're both billionaires here," He said, still not breaking character. I decided to just go with it.

"Yeah. We should know which one's richer." I told him.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."