39: I don't want to guess.

Maven and I went to the bowling lanes after school that day. I've always loved playing bowling. So I enjoyed that activity alot. In the bowling lanes, there were also the classic arcade games like Pacman and Pinball. I ran out of quarters because of those.

Evidently, Maven and I had alot in common when it comes to the things we liked to do. We also wanted the same career to pursue and the same food.

It was after school the next day when the four of us finally hung out together again. I didn't know how it happened but the next thing I knew, I was with Maven, Phillip, and Marge at Good Blends.

Ever since Maven and I started dating, which was two weeks ago, things hadn't been smooth like before. Especially between me and Marge. Even though she didn't say anything or I didn't say anything, the tension was there and I could definitely feel it.

And it seemed like she wasn't acting like everything was back to normal like before now that we were all together again.

But, I was trying. This group right here was one of the best things that happened in my life and I didn't want to feel that tension hang around us for long.

We drove to Good Blends after school. Maven and Marge didn't order any drinks but they got the newly baked apple pies. Phillip got a cup of coffee. I ordered a strawberry smoothie because there wouldn't be a time in my life where I would choose coffee over ice cream.

"How can you like smoothies more than coffees?" Phillip asked as we walked back to our table, his coffee in his hands, and I held my glass filled with strawberry smoothie.

"One, it's not hot. I can eat it without waiting for it to cool down. And two, it's just plain better than coffee."

"Oh really. What about in the winter, which is the season right now by the way, it's freezing cold and all you have to drink is a smoothie. You'll die," Phillip argued.

"And what about in summer? It's super hot and all you have to drink is coffee. You'll melt," I argued back. "And besides, I'm not dying." I said as I tool a sip of my drink through the straw.

He didn't answer after that. Probably because my argument wasn't that strong. Alot of people drink coffee in the summer and yet the people did not melt.

I laughed, "Wait, I just remembered."

"That there's a mocha frappe which is basically like a coffee smoothie?" Phillip said as he carefully sipped his coffee.

"Took it right out of my mouth."

The both of us took a seat at the booth where Maven and Marge was devouring their slice of apple pies. I started to think about getting one myself now that I saw a little steam arising from the crust. It was tempting, but no.

I took a sit besides Maven and Phillip sat by Marge.

Now that we were here, I had no idea what to talk about.

"So," I began, "How was everybody's week?"

This was more awkward that I thought it would be. I certainly expected it to be awkward but not this awkward where I was actually the one starting the conversation.

"It's only Tuesday." Phillip said.

I silently wished that Ross, Jay, and Eve were here. They'd probably make things less awkward.

"Yes, and there's a new episode of The Flash tonight," I told them because it was the first thing that came in my mind. And I knew hey probably didn't care. Phillip did, one thing we both had in common was that we both watched The Flash. That was one out of probably five things we had in common.