Birthday Blues.

Nina in the mm.

Nina's point of view:

"Hey, are you guys excited?" I asked the twins as I placed a bowl on the table.
"Yes! I'm so excited, all my friends are going to be here!" Justin shouted, bouncing in his shoes. Jessica stared at the floor, eyes empty.
"Jess, you look so pretty." I heard Allison say. I looked over at her, appreciatively.
Ever since the argument between the twins, Jessica has been quiet and reserved. She stays in her room, only coming out for school and dinner.
She's becoming me, and I'm hating every minute of it.
"Thanks." She said, quietly.
"Your aunties are coming to see you today. Jane bought you something pretty." I grinned as I touched my daughters hair. She sighed and turned around, walking away.
"I don't know what else to do." I told Alice as she wrapped her arms around me, feeling our son kick in my stomach.
"She'll come around. I'm sure of it." Alice breathed, kissing my cheek. I sighed and sat down, feeling tired, suddenly.
"I BOUGHT LIQUOR, BITCHES!" Lina screamed as she walked in, baby Sakura giggling against her mother's chest. Elly walked in, eyes blood shot and a smile on her face, fingers linked with her boyfriend.:
Goals.
I huffed and stood up, wobbling to the kitchen with my bestfriend.
"Hi baby.." I cooed, lifting up Sakura. She giggled, a large gummy smile on her face.
Lina was already chugging a bottle of ciroq as I coddled her child.
"Is this the example you set for your kids when I'm not around?" I asked.
"Shut the hell up." She snapped. I giggled and placed Sakura in a high chair.
I walked in the living room and saw Allison and Terrance walk downstairs.
"What were y'all doing up there? Huh?" I asked. Allison blushed and looked away.
"Don't make me get your mother to beat you both up."
"Yes ma'am."
People were starting to gather in the house for the twins' birthday party. Jessica was no where to be found, but Justin was running around, playing with his cousins and friends.
"NINA!" I heard someone yell. I turned and saw Jane run toward me and I smiled, hugging her.
"Hey, stranger!" I laughed.
"Oh my god, you're so pregnant!" She squealed. I looked at my sister, grinning widely. She matured so much, her dark skin shining, her hips wider and taller. Her hair was on her shoulders.
"You move to Washington state and no one hears from you! You've you been?" I asked.
"Girl..I've been great. We need to catch up, but get me a drink. It's well needed." She giggled.
"I forgot you're old enough to drink." I chuckled as we walked to the kitchen.
"Alice, look who's here!" I shouted. Alice turned around and grimaced slightly, before putting a smile on her face.
Alice never really liked Jane ever since we were younger, but she tolerates her for me.
True love.
"Hi, Jane. How are you?" She asked, hugging her.
"I'm great. You look great." Jane grinned.
"Is your mother coming?" I asked as I poured her a drink.
"She wouldn't miss this for the world." She chuckled, sipping her drink.
"Jane?! Is that you?!" I heard Lina ask.
"Yeah it's me. Oh my god, who is this cutie?!" Jane squealed as she hugged Lina, before looking down at Sakura.
"This is my child Sakura." She giggled. Jane lifted her up and held her, cooing softly.
"She is so beautiful."
"MOM, THERES A RANDOM MAN HERE!" Allison yelled. I wobbled to the living room and saw a tall, muscular dark skin man standing at the door.
My my.
Now if I wasn't with Alice, this is the type of man I'd need in my life.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"My names Jamal. I'm looking for Jane?" He asked.
"Hold up.."
"Oh hey, baby! I was just going to call you!" Jane stated as she skipped over to Jamal and wrapped her arms around him.
What?!
"My my..Jane likes the big boys, huh?" Lina slurred, burping.
Jane leaned up and kissed him and he kissed her back. I cleared my throat and she moved away from him.
"This is Jamal, guys. My boo." She giggled. He rolled her eyes and smirked, his dimples deep in his cheeks.
"Yeah, I'm her boo." He chuckled. I stared at him skeptically, feeling Alice wrap her arms around me.
"Why are you looking at him like that?" Alice asked.
"Cause he's fucking my little sister." I stated. Lina choked, coughing as she bent over, wheezing. Jane blushed and Jamal stared at me in shock.
"Don't mind my wife, I'm Alice, Jane's sister in law. Nice to meet you." Alice grinned, holding her hand out. He shook her hand and she pulled back.
"Make yourself comfortable. Drinks are in the kitchen."
"Yeah..Jane knows where everything is." I smiled.
"Mom should be here soon."
"Great."
I walked into the kitchen with Alice and I huffed, sitting on the counter.
"What's wrong, baby?" She asked.
"My baby sister has a man. A very large man." I cried.
"She's grown, baby. She's not a kid anymore, it's expected." She said as she rubbed my back.
"I know, but..oh my god.." I sobbed. Alice wrapped her arms around me and kissed my forehead.
"Stop crying. It's okay. She's a big girl. And so are you. So stop acting like a little princess and get it together." Alice snapped. I stared at her in shock, before crying again.
"Why would you say that to me?" I cried. She groaned and sighed.
"I'm sorry I'm sorry, it's pms. You know how I get around that time."
"You know I am a princess, don't ever say I'm not." I cried.
"I know I know. I'm sorry." She sighed. I could feel her laughing and I huffed.
"Such a brat." She giggled.
"Who's a brat?" I heard someone ask. I looked up and saw Shataviah smiling at me and I stood to my feet.
"Oh wow! You're so big!" She chuckled as she hugged me.
"I know."
"Hi Alice, how are you? I see you're treating her very nicely." Shataviah chuckled.
"Oh yeah. I spoil her too much." Alice laughed as she hugged her.
"Where's the birthday girl? I saw Justin."
"She's upstairs. I'll go get her." I stated.
I wobbled upstairs and walked to Jessica's bedroom door when I heard sniffling. It was coming from the closet door.
"Jess?" I asked. The crying stopped and I opened the door and saw my daughter curled up under the shelf in the closet.
"Hey, baby. What's the matter?" I asked.
"Nothing." She breathed, her nose red and her blue eyes watery.
"Baby, there's something wrong. Please tell me. You shouldn't be so sad, it's your birthday." I breathed.
"I don't wanna have a birthday! I shouldn't be here. I didn't ask for it!" She yelled, the tears streaming down her face. I stared at her in shock, unable to reply.
"Jessica.."
"Just leave me alone. Please." She sniffed.
I felt useless. I didn't know what to do in this situation, because she was me. She is me.
I never had anyone comfort me, before. No one would tell me that things would be okay, or that I will be fine.
I didn't know how to comfort my own daughter and I feel like shit for it.
Fuck.
"There's people downstairs waiting to see you. You can't stay up here all day." I breathed.
"I'll be down in a minute. Just..go." She whispered.
I sighed and walked downstairs, holding back the tears that threatened to fall. Everyone was socializing, Yolanda and Alex waving at me. I waved back and walked into the kitchen, looking over at Alice, who was downing a drink.
"Alice.."
"Hmm?" She asked, putting down her cup.
Her cheeks were red and her eyes were glazed over.
Drunk.
"Nevermind." I stated, walking out of the kitchen. I watched as Jessica walked downstairs and she greeted everyone, a smile on her face. Her eyes were empty as she greeted her aunt, the smile dropping off her face as she hugged her.
Lina was cuddled up with Julio as she fed Sakura her bottle. Everyone was socializing and dancing, and just happy.
Except for my daughter.
My child needs me and I don't know how to help her.
I let out a shaky breath and walked back into the kitchen to see Alice drinking another cup.
"Alice, you're drunk already.." I stated.
"Uhuh.." She giggled
I shook my head and she walked toward me, pinning me against the counter.
"What's the matter?" She asked, her face close to mine.
"Nothing."
"Nothing?" She asked, her nose rubbing against mine. I bit my lip and nodded.
"I love you so much. Do you know that?" She asked. I nodded.
"Good. Give me a kiss." She slurred. I leaned in and kissed her softly. She kissed me back, holding my face as our kiss deepened. I moaned, forgetting where we were as I wrapped my arms around her neck, our tongues caressing.
"Oh shit!" I heard Alonzo yell. I pulled away from Alice and saw him covering his eyes as Elly chuckled uncontrollably.
"I just wanted a drink. That's all I wanted." Alonzo cringed.
"Uhuh. Go ahead." I chuckled.
"Let's go to the bathroom." Alice whispered. I shook my head.
"Behave yourself." I stated. I felt her fingers wrap around my throat and I smirked.
"Do as I say.." She breathed.
"Not now."
She huffed and pouted, before taking a cup and drinking out of it.
God, she's crazy.
"Mommy, can I have something to eat?" Jessica asked as she walked into the kitchen.
"Of course, princess. You can have anything you want."
Her eyes lit up when I said that and I smiled, my heart swelling.
"Can I have ice cream?" She asked.
"Yes. Pick which flavor you want."
Jessica scurried to the freezer and pulled the door open, huffing as she yanked on it, before pulling out the carton.
"What would you like, honey?" I asked.
"Pistachio." She grinned.
I smiled, watching the innocence on her face as I put the ice cream on her cone and handed it to her.
"Thank you, mama." She said, before scurrying away.
I hope she stays okay.
God, I need a blunt.
"Ugh!" I huffed.
"What's the problem?" Alice asked as she downed another drink. Before I could reply, music started blasting through the house.
"Nothing!" I shouted. She grabbed my hand, a goofy smile on her face.
"Dance with me. Relax. Have fun." She grinned. She started to dance on me, bending over and twerking on my large stomach. Our son kicked and she giggled.
"He kicked my butt." She giggled. I shook my head and pushed her away from me but she grabbed my arm and wrapped herself around me.
"I love you."
"I love you more." I breathed. She smiled and kissed me softly, before kissing my chin. On and On by Erykah Badu started and Alice swayed to the song, singing in my ear as I held her.
"Oh on and on and on and on.." She sang as her hand snuck up my shirt.
"Alice, behave yourself." I stated, sharply.
"Babe, why?" She whined.