Recovery.

Nina's point of view:

I watched as Alice slept next to Allison, holding her tight as she trembled and was drenched in sweat.
It was heartbreakingly beautiful.
Allison whimpered, clutching onto Alice's shirt for dear life, waking her up.
"What's wrong, baby?"
Allison started tightening her grip on her shirt, popping one of the buttons.
Alice moved her hand and Allison started to writhe on the bed, moaning and clawing at her skin.
"Hit the button." Alice stated as she held Allison's hands back.
I obeyed, watching as the nurses and doctors surrounded my daughter, trying to calm her down and putting her back in the restraints. She started to relax again, putting her hand out for Alice and she grabbed it.
"Mama, I'm thirsty." She heaved. Alice looked at the doctor and they injected some water into her feeding tube and she sighed, slumping on the bed, unconscious.
It's been this way for a few days, now.
Some days she's good. Some days she's bad.
Some days she's worst.
She's still not lucid, which is making me worry, but the doctors say they have it under control.
"Babe, they're gonna try and feed her, now." Alice said, clearing her throat. I nodded, touching her hand as she walked toward me. She pulled her shirt down, groaning at her exposed cleavage from where Allison ripped the button.
"Great." She sighed.
"It's okay." I breathed, kissing her softly. She kissed me back and we looked at Allison. They injected food into the tube that went through her nose into her throat.
We waited to see if she'll react.
She laid limp, and I had hope.
But it didn't last as she bent over, throw up splashing from the ground onto the doctors coat.
"Oh Jesus." Alice gasped, covering her mouth.
"Mama.." Allison whined.
She really did a number on herself.
"Okay, we're gonna get her cleaned up, and feed her a drink, instead." The doctor stated.
I nodded and they cleaned up the throw up, before bathing Allison and putting her back to bed.
As they fed Allison, there was a knock on the door and I smiled as Eileen and Lina walked into the hospital room.
"Hi guys." Lina breathed. I grabbed the flowers and placed them on the table next to her head and kissed her cheek.
"You just missed it, she threw up all over the doctor." Alice cringed.
"Aw man..how is she?" Eileen asked.
"Is she good, today?" Lina asked. I nodded.
"She had a small episode, but other than that, she's been sleeping." I stated. Eileen walked over and kissed Allison's cheek, touching her hand.
"Hey, ally." She breathed. Ally smiled softly.
"Could she hear me?" She asked. I nodded, smiling.
"I love you ally." She breathed.
The brown liquid of the ensure drink filled the tube. She did gain weight these past couple of days, but it wasn't enough. She was still under weight.
Allison inhaled sharply, moaning as a tear slipped down her cheek. Her hands were in fists again and she screamed, choking as the brown liquid fell down her throat.
"STOP!" She screamed.
They disconnected the tube that fed her and she writhed in pain, her restrained arms and legs shaking as she broke into a sweat.
"Mommy!" She cried. I looked over at Alice and she gripped Allison's hand.
"Oh god.." Allison sobbed, letting out a moan.
"It's okay.." Alice cooed.
"UGH!" She let out through her teeth, spit splashing across her mouth and the veins in her neck popping out, her entire body shaking as her eyes rolled into the back of her head. The heart monitor went crazy, beeping abnormally fast and the doctors rushed in.
"What's happening?" I asked.
"We need to sedate her, again. I'm sorry." The doctor stated as he injected liquid into her I.V.
She fell limp, her body relaxing, but her breathing still ragged. She started to calm down, a giggle leaving her mouth as she relaxed again.
"Mmmph." She breathed.
"Ally.." I breathed. She moved her head toward me, her eyes still closed.
"Mommy." She smiled.
"Hi sweetie. Where are you?" I asked, playing with her hair.
"The carnival." She breathed.
"I want to ride the carousel." She mumbled.
"Go ahead and ride it." I stated.
Allison was doped up on sedatives.
Elly was painting her toes pastel pink, while Lina sat and read a magazine, rubbing her stomach.
A couple of hours passed and Allison went silent. Her skin wasn't sweaty anymore and she was breathing softly, her lips parted.
Alice was asleep on my lap and I ran my
Fingers through her hair as she snored softly, when I heard a moan.
I looked up and saw Allison turn her head, trying to move her body.
"What the.." She breathed. Her eyes opened and I gasped.
They were clearer than I've ever seen before.
Hazel and green mixture, wide and bright.
"Mom?" She called. Alice sat up quickly, rubbing her face.
"Allison." I stated.
"Why am I tied up?" She asked.
"Allison? You're awake?" Alice asked.
"Y-yeah, what happened?" She asked. I looked at my daughter with tears streaming down my face and I wiped them away.
"Oh baby.." Alice cooed, walking toward her. She hit the button and the doctor walked in, smiling.
He removed her restraints and she sat up, cracking her neck.
"Hello, Allison. It's good to see you awake." The doctor stated. She shrugged, looking around, her eyes stopping on Eileen.
"Elly.." She breathed.
"I'm here, I'm here." Elly smiled. Ally looked over at me, before looking at the doctor.
"How are you feeling?" The doctor asked.
"Sore..tired." She responded. He nodded.
"You're going to feel this way for a little while." He stated.
"What happened?" She asked.
I looked down at my feet.
"You don't remember?" Alice asked.
Allison pondered for a second, her face changing as it came back to her.
"I'm sorry." She mumbled.
"It's not your fault." I breathed.
"Who's is it, then?" She asked, her eyes filled with tears.
I sighed.
"Allison..don't put this on yourself. You were going through something and you needed help, that's all. We're here for you, and will always be here for you, okay?" Alice breathed. She nodded, wiping her face.
"The social worker will be here soon to ask you a couple of questions, okay?"
Allison nodded.
"Can you take this off me?" She asked, pulling at the tube.
"Sure."
He removed the tube and she let out a breath, laying down on the bed.
I was so happy to see that she's awake. I just hope she recovers well.