Found.

Alice in the mm.

Alice's point of view:

I ran on the treadmill as fast as I could, the sweat dripping down my body as I put the speed on the highest option, running on it like a maniac. I knew people were staring but I didn't care.
Keep running. Keep fucking running.
I growled as I continued to run, the music loud in my ears as my daughters face flashed in my head.
"Ma'am. Ma'am!" I heard someone yell. I ignored them, continuing to run, my chest moving up and down rapidly.
The machine stopped and my neck snapped toward the man that stood next to the machine I was on.
"W-why'd you do that?" I asked, panting.
"You can't run on that octave. You're running the power of the machine." He stated.
Is he serious?
I glared at him, before walking to the gym locker room. I sat down on the bench, putting my head in my hands.
"Are you alright?" I heard someone ask. I looked up and nodded, standing up.
I'm not alright. I won't be alright until my daughter is back in my arms. Until I know she's home and safe.
I hopped in the shower and washed off the sweat that I worked up. I sighed and washed my hair, before getting out. I got dressed and lifted my bag, hearing something drop to the floor.
"Shit." I hissed, picking up the small bag of white powder and stuffing it in my pocket.
As I drove home, I fiddled with my pocket, feeling the powder shift from one end to the next.
I wanted to use. Relapse has never been so tempting before. All this stress that I've been feeling has been taking a toll on me. I need some type of release. Anything to make me feel free, again.
You'll disappoint Nina. You'll break her heart. She doesn't need anymore stress on her.
I groaned and parked in front of the house, laying my head on the steering wheel.
It's been about a month. Still no word on Allison. They closed the investigation. They think she's dead.
I know she isn't. I can feel it.
Jaylan can't take her away from me. Not again. I will not allow it.
I don't understand why he suddenly decided to pop up into our lives and ruin it all over again. He made my life a living hell. He killed my daughter. My first child.
He will not do it, again.
I walked into a quiet house and huffed, walking upstairs to my bedroom. Nina was asleep on the bed, her hair frizzy and messy as she snored away.
I sighed and stared at her for a little while, before kicking my shoes off and crawling onto the bed.
I ran my fingers through her hair, looking at her stomach. Our son kicked and I watched, before wrapping my arms around her.
She moaned softly, curling into me.
She is such an angel.
Her pale skin had a glow that could never be found anywhere else. She looked content, stress free.
My baby.
I will never love someone as much as I love Nina. The way I feel about her can't even be expressed in words. I'd do anything for her.
She sighed and wrapped her arms around me, pushing her face in my shoulder as she continued to sleep.
Every time I sleep, I see his face. He haunts my dreams, the horrible memory of what he did to little Allison repeating behind my eyelids over and over again.
Drugs won't make it better.
"Alice.." Nina breathed softly. I looked down and saw she was staring up at me.
"Hey."
"You were talking to yourself. Are you okay?" She asked.
Fuck.
"Yeah I'm fine." I stated.
I've been saying that a lot, lately.
What a lie.
Nina touched my face and leaned up and kissed me, softly.
"Did you eat, today?" She asked. I nodded.
Lie, again.
"Why are you lying?" She asked, frowning as she sat up.
"I'm not hungry."
"Alice." She stated, sternly. I huffed.
"I'll eat." I grumbled. She stretched her arms out and groaned softly.
"He's pressing on my bladder. I peed a thousand times, today." She huffed, getting out the bed and wobbling to the bathroom.
I huffed and plopped down on the bed, shutting my eyes.
I felt the bed dip and her small fingers ran through my hair.
"The kids should be back later. Lina took them out for a movie and then dinner."
"Why didn't you tag along?" I asked, my eyes still closed.
"I wanted to wait for you to get home." She sighed. I opened my eyes and her face was right above mine. Her big blue eyes were the first thing I fell in love with when I first met her. Behind her large framed glasses and long lashes.
They make my insides melt.
"Come into the kitchen with me." She stated as she slowly dropped to her feet, her large stomach sticking out. I tagged along behind her as we went downstairs. I watched as she stuffed potato chips in her mouth as she fried some cauliflower and shrimp.
"Here." She said, handing me the potato chip bag. I shook my head, the smell of the chips making me lightheaded.
Nina frowned up at me as her hands held her hips.
"Eat some. Now." She hissed, the anger evident in her voice. I groaned.
"Why?" I whined like a child.
"Don't piss me off, Alice." She spat. I huffed and snatched the bag, stuffing a few chips in my mouth.
"Happy?" I asked, some chips falling out my mouth and onto the floor. She rolled her eyes and continued to cook her food when the phone rang.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Mrs Brown? This is Detective Ramos from the eleventh precinct."
"This is she. What's going on?" I asked.
"We may have found a lead on your daughter, Allison."
"Oh my god..what?" I asked.
"Babe, what is it?" Nina asked. I put a finger up as the detective spoke, my heart beating rapidly against my chest.
"A woman down in Long Island reported seeing a girl with bruises on her legs and arms, being pulled around by a man who fit the abductors description. She also described the girl as hazel green eyes long dark hair, and at least four eleven. She gave us a license plate, we're tracking it now."
I let out a breath, feeling the tears stream down my face as my heart swelled.
I hung up the phone and looked at Nina who had a concerned look on her face.
"Baby, what's wrong? What is it?" She asked, the innocence thick in her voice.
"They've got a lead on Allison."
I need it to be her. I need her to come home.
We all do.