Chapter 19: You Make Me Happy

...
"Come on!" Hiccup calls. "Let's see how high we can go!"

We don't quite make it into outer space, but we do get high enough to see right across the park and the roof of Hiccup's house. When we finally get back down to Earth, we're flush faced and giggling. Hiccup runs over to a see-saw and yells
"I'm the king of the world!" He looks so happy and cute, I instantly reach for my camera.

"I've got a picture of you!" I call. "You look so funny!"

'Hmm, funny isn't exactly the look i was going for,' Hiccup says with a frown.

'Really?' I say, taking the shot. 'So what look were you going for?'

'Oh I don't know.' Hiccup leaps down from the see saw. 'Thoughtful? Mysterious?' He comes and stands right in front of me. 'The kind of guy you might want to, you know, kiss?'

My heart starts beating so fast I can practically feel my rib cage vibrating.

'Oh you're definitely all of those too.' I say quietly.

Hiccup looks at me. 'Really?'

I nod, 'Absolutely.'

The muffled snowy silence wraps itself round us like a blanket. And, as he gently brushes the hair back from my face and leans in to kiss me, it feels as if we're the only people awake and alive on the entire planet.

It's not until the afternoon that i get a text from Casey.

CASEY: Gone home after Christmas. Parents need me. Hope you had a good one.

As soon as I read it, my heart sinks. I stare at the screen. Is that it? The lack of exclamation marks, emojis and kisses makes me immediately think that something is horribly wrong. I have to call her. While Hiccup and Bella are watching The Wizard of Oz, I sneak off to the bedroom and dial Casey.

'Casey, what's wrong?'

'What do you mean, what's wrong?'

'Your text. It was so, so blunt.'

'Well maybe if you'd just gone home to the parents from hell after a marvellous time in New York, you'd be feeling pretty blunt too.'

I feel a glimmer of relief that she might just be annoyed at her parents and not me. 'Why didn't you call me? Or at least text me?'

Theres a long silence. It's so long I thought we might've lost connection.

'I didn't want to interrupt.'

'Interrupt what?'

'You know, you and hiccup.'

'Casey, you know you can talk to me any time right? it's just that you're not here anymore.'

'Is that why you're so distant now? Cause i'm not close enough for you?'

'Oh Casey you know I don't-'

'Look, we'll talk about it when you get home alright?'

'Alright, i'll see you next week.'

As I finish the call, my eyes fill with tears. Why, why, why can things never go right when i'm involved? Why, even when something truly amazing happens, does something horrible have to happen too? So far, i've never fallen out with Casey. Not even anywhere close to it. And now it feels like i'm losing her and I don't even know why. And then a terrible thought occurs to me. What if she doesn't want to be friends anymore when I get back home? I hug my pillow to me and start crying.

'Don't be sad.' A voice comes from the side of the bed, making me jump out of my skin. I roll over to see Bella climbing onto the bed.

"Everytime you feel sad, you should think of three things that make you happy."

'That's a great idea.' I say, wiping the tears off my face.

'So go on then'

'What?'

'What are three things that make you happy?'

'Well you make me happy,'

'Yay!'

'Being in this house and spending Christmas with you guys make me happy.'

'And number three?'

'Hiccup,' I mumble.

'You make him happy too.'

I look at her. 'Really?'

'Oh yeah, he was really grumpy last week, but ever since you came here, he's been all smiley again.'

'That's good.'

Bella smiles and hugs me.

'I'm going to be really sad when you and Hiccup have to go. Then i'll have to follow uncle Stoick to work again.'

'Don't worry Bella, just live in the moment, right here, right now.'
♪───O(≧≦)O────♪
Yo peeps! Hope you enjoyeeeed this chappie! I'm literally rewatching season 4 of rtte for like the 5th time right now.
Until next time,
PEACE ✌🏼