Chapter 3: Another Ordinary Day

...
Hiccup and Astrid handed in their reports like the rest of the class and sat back down in their seats. They pulled out their English textbooks and began studying for the upcoming test next week. Half way through, hiccup secretly pulled out his notebook and started drawing while Astrid snuck out her book and read it instead.

"Mr Haddock and Miss Hofferson, see me after class." The teacher suddenly said.
The pair looked up and met Miss Penny's glare. The rest of the class was either smirking or snickering. Either or, it didn't matter.

After class, Astrid and Hiccup went up to the teacher's desk.
"You wanted to see us Miss Penny?" Astrid spoke up. Even though she got picked on by everyone else, she still had a lot of confidence.

"Yes. You two have been losing focus on tasks lately, is everything alright?" Miss Penny asked.

"Everything's fine, I guess we just got distracted." Hiccup shrugged.

"Hm, alright then. Off you pop." She signalled with her hands for them to leave her to her marking.
Astrid picked up her bag and walked off towards the library where she could retreat from everyone else, while hiccup went to the cafeteria and sat in the far far corner and drew.

ASTRID
I went to the back of the library where the tables were and saw that another girl was already there. I sighed and turned to walk away when she said something.
"You can sit you know? It's a free country."

"Yeah, I guess." I put my bag down and sat opposite her.
"So what's your reason for being here?"

"I just like reading and being alone. I see you walk around the hallways all the time, but people keep talking about you. I think it's just plain mean."

"I know! I haven't even done anything! I would give anything to have a single person not hate my guts."

"Um, hello? What about me. I haven't said anything bad about you yet."

"And I appreciate that." I held my hand out for her to shake. "Amber Hofferson. But call me Astrid."

"Nice to meet you Astrid, I'm Casey Rose." She took my hand and gave it a good shake.
But what she said next could have basically made my entire life complete.
"I'll be your friend."

I grinned like i've never grinned before, "Thanks Casey!"
...

At lunch, I saw a whole mob of students crowded around Holly who was bragging about her new iPhone 6s Plus.

The only phone I've ever had is a hand me down from my mum. And it was an iPhone 4. Casey must've noticed me staring at Holly because she said,
"Don't let her get to you Astrid. She's a mean spoilt brat who makes boys fall under her spell and turns everyone into her minions. Plus I think she's ugly anyway."

Wow. I can't believe Casey said that, I thought everyone worshipped Holly. Casey adjusted her glasses that were sliding off her nose and rubbed my shoulder. I smiled at her and slowly walked away with her to our next class which was maths. Ugh.

I was relieved when our teacher, Mrs Garcia finally started class and calmed the rowdy students down.

She spent the entire hour at the board reviewing how to calculate the volume of a cylinder, sphere and cone for our upcoming quiz. But I couldn't focus as the girl behind me kept throwing paper balls at my head and calling me names. I was too busy thinking how I could make her stop that I didn't hear Mrs Garcia ask me a question.
"Astrid? Answer my question please!"

"Um. Uh, what was the question again?"

She took a deep breath in and said, "How do you calculate the volume of a sphere?"

"Um.." I know this! I thought

Oh! "4/3 πr³!" (I'm pretty sure that's it but correct me if I'm wrong) I said.

"Very good Miss Hofferson, but don't let me catch you daydreaming next time."

That was a close one!
♪───O(≧≦)O────♪
Ello! Enjoy the chapter? You know I said to myself 'don't post a chapter until you've written a chapter' but now I'm like meh I still have like 18 chapters to go until I actually need to write one sooooo

Until next time,
PEACE ✌🏼