Chapter 13: Start Of Something New

When we step out into the cold daylight, it's like being woken suddenly from a deep sleep. I squint and rub my eyes at the pale winter light. I look at Hiccup and he looks at me. Everything feels different. Like we went into the old cafe two completely seperate people and came out with an invisible bond between us. He smiles at me.

"How bout we head back and we can relax and watch a movie or something?"

"Sure."

***

"Do you know what an inciting incident is?" Hiccup says as he turns off the engine.

I shake my head.

"It's the point at the start of a movie where something happens to the hero that changes their life forever. You've seen Harry Potter right?"

I nod.

"Well the inciting incident in that movie is when Hagrid tells Harry Potter he'll be a great wizard someday and gives him the invite to Hogwarts."

"Ah. Right."

Hiccup looks down in his lap, like he's embarrassed.
"I think that's what you might be to me."

"What? A wizard?"

"No! My inciting incident."

I glance at him. In the half light of the garage, his cheek bones look even more chiselled than ever.
"What do you mean?" I ask, hardly daring to believe what I think he means.

"I mean, I think this might be the start of something new."
(Haha High School Musical ref. 😂)

We sit in silence for a bit before I spoke up.
"I think you might be my inciting incident too." I say with a small smile.

***

"What in the name of Godzilla have you been up to missy?" Casey' voice comes out the speaker of my phone.
"You haven't been sending me pics, texting me, or answering my calls! I've been starting to worry you've been abducted or something"

"I was having lunch with Hiccup."

"Oooh was it a date? Where'd he take you? Was it a fancy restaurant?"

"Ok slow down there. It wasn't a date and it wasn't a fancy restaurant. In fact it was actually a cute tucked away cafe where we had some tasty spaghetti."

"Aw you're no fun. Anyway, gotta run. See you soon miss Astrid. I miss you."

"Miss you too Casey. Bye."

As soon as I put down my phone, it vibrates again.
Except this was a text from Hiccup.

HICCUP: goodnight Astrid.

ASTRID: goodnight Hiccup. x

As soon as I sent the text, I put down my phone again and take a deep breath. Then I look out to the view and gaze up at the incredible looking moon. I feel so different. And it's not just about finally noticing Hiccup and accepting him into my life or is being in a different area. It's just for the first time in forever I feel as if my life is my own. That I'm in charge of my own destiny. I'm no longer just reacting to what everyone else does or says. With hiccup as my inciting incident, I'm finally writing my own script.
♪───O(≧≦)O────♪
Sorry for the shorter chapter guys, but geez it sounds like I'm already ending the book. But don't worry I'm not. I'm pretty sure there will be a sequel to this book, but just not confirmed.

Until next time,
PEACE ✌🏼