Chapter 5: Weekend

Posting another just cause I can and I feel like it!
...
ASTRID
For most people, arriving home to find your mum posing on the staircase in a wedding dress would be a freakish thing to see. But for me on the other hand, im used to it.
"Hi sweetie!" Mum calls as soon as I walk through the door. "What do you think of this dress? It's for the new wedding next week." She comes down the stairs to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"Mhm, it's nice." I say.

"Nice?" Mum looks at me like I'm crazy. "This dress isn't nice, it's majestic. Divine."

"It's a dress mum." Mitchell says, walking down the hall with a juice box in his hand.

Mum shakes her head. "Good day today?"

"Okay." I say, shrugging.

"Okay? Is that a good one or a bad one?"

"Good," I say, not wanting to create more drama.

"Great! Would you be able to help me out in the shop tomorrow, Amber?" Mum asks, looking at herself in the mirror.

"Sure, when?"

"Just a couple hours in the afternoon would be nice."
My mum and dad owns a wedding planning business that specialises in quirky themes. She also specialises in trying all the wedding dresses she stocks. But after my dad passed away, I had to help put more often as it was too stressful on mum.

I go up the flight of stairs and into my room. It's the smallest room in the entire house, but I don't mind it. With its sloping ceiling and wooden beams, it's extremely cozy and snug, and the window's in a great position so I can actually see the ocean waves crashing in and rolling out constantly. I take my hair out of its ponytail and change into pyjamas.
***
The next morning I wake up to the chorus of seagulls squawking. Beams of pale sunlight are creeping in through the gaps of the curtains. As my body slowly adjusts itself to the fact that it has to wake up and deal with a whole new day, I rub my eyes and look around my bedroom. Pretty much every inch of the walls are either covered with posters from magazines or pictures that i've taken and printed out.

I turn on my phone and text Casey.
Astrid: Good morning Casey! Would you like to go down to VC with me this fine morning?

VC is an abbreviation I made up for the Vogue Cafe.

Casey: Why not? I'll go over to your house in 10. Address?

Astrid: 17 Meade Street, Springdale. Duh.

Casey: Haha thx c u in a bit. Bye!

I put down my phone and get changed into a clean outfit. A white shirt with a zebra on it and some navy leggings. Even though it's Spring here In Berk it's still exceptionally cold.
A little while later I hear a knock at the door. My mum walks out to open it.

"Hi Mrs Hofferson! I'm Casey Rose. I'm Astrid's friend." Casey says.

"Hello Casey. Pleasure to meet you. Amber's upstairs getting ready." Mum replies. The one annoying thing about her is that she keeps calling me Amber. I get it, that's my name. But I prefer Astrid and she knows that.

I hear Casey running up the stairs and into my room.
"Asty!" She calls. Casey hugs me and smiles.

"Let's go!" I say, pushing her out of my room.

HICCUP
I groan and turn around in my bed. The sun was shining in my eyes and I couldn't take it anymore. I fumble out of bed and shut the curtains before laying back down again hoping I could  get some well deserved sleep.
I wish.

"HICCUP!" Sam shouts from my door. "WAKEY WAKEY!"

"Argh! You don't have to yell when you're like right in front of me you know?" I protest and pull the blanket over my head.

Sam walks over beside me and pulls the sheets off my body. I curl up to try to preserve the precious heat that is necessary.
"Get up! Dad's out and I'm going to the movies with Sarah so you have to come too!"

"Why would I want to cringe at your date with Sarah? Why can't stay home?" I moan.

"Cause dad says I have to spend time with you, so I'll spend time with you while spending time with Sarah too! Now get your lazy butt out of bed before I drag you down."

I trudge down the stairs and pour myself a glass of water while Sam gets coffee. I toast a slice of bread and spread butter all over it before crunching into it.

Knock Knock!

The knocks echoed through the house as I get up to feed Toothless some breakfast. He meowed in joy as the food clanked into his metal bowl.

Sam went to open the door only to be engulfed in a bug hug from Sarah.
"Hi Sammy!" She calls.

"Hey Sarah! Come in, Hiccup's just finished up breakfast."

Sarah walks into the kitchen and comes up to me.
"Morning Hayden." She ruffles my already messy hair.

I grumble and go upstairs to get ready for the PDA filled day.

ASTRID
We walk into VC and breathe in the mixed scents of mint in their new Christmas milkshake line. As Casey orders some milkshakes at the counter, I sit down at a table and look around. Then the door opens and a boy walks in. I recognise him immediately. It's Snotlout. I grab the menu and pretend to study it, hoping he won't spot me and go sit in the far corner away from me. But then I hear the chair at the table next to mine being dragged back on the wooden floor.
"Astrid!"
I look up sheepishly from the menu to see Snotlout grinning down at me. There's no denying it, his grin is puppy dog cute.

Casey walks back to the table with the drinks in hand, but her smile fades as she spots Snotlout.
"Ugh. Why is he here? I know you've got a major cru-"
I cover her mouth to make her shut up before she spills my secret.

"Still though, why him?"

"Hey it's not my fault he's at the same place at the same time."

"Coincidental much?"

We just sat there for the next half hour in silence, drinking our milkshakes.
Until Snot gets up and says, "Sorry girls, gotta run. Holly's awaiting her Romeo."

I sigh. Somehow Snotlout and Holly managed to get together within one day, and me? I've been trying for years now.
Will I ever find my Romeo?

♪───O(≧≦)O────♪
Hi guys! Hope you enjoyed the longer chapter! I feel like I'm not going to Hiccups point much cause I find it much easier.
So until next time,
PEACE ✌️