Chapter 6: Announcement

NORMAL
This morning Miss Penny surprised the students with a HUGE announcement.
As everyone settles down in their seats, Miss Penny walks up from her desk and gets to the front of the class.
"Alright! I have a big announcement for you guys! You have a new assignment!"

"UGHHH" The class moans in sync.

"It's a partner assignment!" Miss Penny tries to cheer the students up, but all she gets back are non interested frowns from her students.

"And we're going to... NEW YORK!!" She screams.

The whole class starts cheering and whistling while Miss Penny continues.
"I will pair you up with your partners and your assignment while we're in New York is to write an information report on your trip, what you enjoyed, what you didn't enjoy and what you think we should improve next time. Alright," She opened her mouth to say something but closes it again. "On second thought, write your names down on a piece of paper and put them into this jar. Then one by one you will come up and pick a name from the jar. And that person will be your partner."

...

When it gets to Astrid turn, she sticks her hand into the jar and fiddle around to find the perfect piece of paper.
Please be Snotlout. Please be Snotlout.

She repeats in her head. Astrid pulls her hand out with a folded piece of paper and slowly opens it to reveal her partners name.

Astrid widened her eyes when she read the name of her partner. She must've been standing there like an idiot for Thor knows how long because Miss Penny called her name.
"Astrid Hofferson! Who is your partner?"

"Sorry Miss P, my partner is..."

♪───O(≧≦)O────♪
Hey guys! I left you on a cliffhanger there! But unfortunately we've come to the end of the chapter...

JK LOL. Sorry I had to do that. Pfftt. 😋 ok let's continue the chapter now.

"Hiccup." Astrid had no expression on her face, just a straight face as her hand lowers and she slumped back in her seat. But inside, she was crushed. This was her chance to get Snot to herself. But now that's not going to happen now is it?

"Casey Rose!" Miss Penny calls. Casey springs out of her seat and jogs to the front. She grins as she pulls out a slip of paper and opens it, but her smile turned into a look of disgust as she reads it. Casey slowly closes the paper and goes to pick another one, but Miss Penny stops her.
"No Casey. That's your partner, now read it out."

Casey sighs and reads the paper. "Snotlout."

"Alright! Take a seat Casey, I'm going to go through the information you need and hand out the Permission and the packing slips. You need to give these to your parents to sign and pay before bringing them back here. Now before I start, the people that are paired with people that have relatives in New York can stay with them during the trip."

Casey and Astrid immediately shoot each other the look that said
Oh come on.

They noticed the same expression on the other's face and pouted before cracking up.
♪───O(≧≦)O────♪
Okay now legit it's the end of the chapter.

Ello! How are my fellow peepadoodoos doing this mighty fine day? Hope y'all are having a fantastic day with family or friends!

Luv ya guys! 😘
PEACE ✌🏼