Chapter 4: Romeo and Juliet

...
ASTRID
Casey: Hey Ast, you bored? I bet drama is more exciting than Viking history. 😑

I look at the text from Casey and sigh. In the time I've been watching the rehearsal for Romeo and Juliet, Casey has bombarded me with tons of random texts from her history class. She's doing it only to relieve our boredom, but is kind of failing. Badly.

"Hey Astrid, could you get a shot of the scene please?" Mr Orten asked me.

I'm taking extra photography classes because that's what I want to be when I grow up. A professional photographer.

I quickly grab my camera and nod to Mr Orten. "Yes sir."

I go up the stairs at the side of the stage and crouch down in the middle of the stage. The lighting isn't great but it'll do. I take the picture and scurry back off the stage.

On the way back to my seat, Holly scoffs at me and goes back in her place on the stage, practicing her part with Damian 'Snotlout' Jorgensen.

The two love Mr Orten, but then again, he does always cast them in all the lead roles for the plays.

I look up at Snotlout, who is currently gazing up at Holly.
"Romeo oh Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love and I'll no longer be a Capulet. Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this? 'Tis but thy name that is my enemy, thou art thyself, though not a Montague." Holly calls out.

I can't help but sigh. Even though Snotlout is dressed in the most ugly costume ever, he still manages to look cute.
(Don't kill me please! There will be hiccstrid. Just not yet.)

Casey hates Snotlout. She thinks he's vain and boasts a lot but to be fair, she doesn't really know him.
***
When school is finally over, I grab Casey and the group of us head to the Vogue Cafe to get a milkshake. The only good thing about Springdale High is that it's right next to the seafront.

As we sit down in the cafe, Snotlout sat opposite me while I look down at my hands that were resting on the table.
"I was wondering..." he starts.

I didn't bother looking up to meet his eyes but instantly, my inner voice starts finishing his sentence off for him.
Would you like to go out with me?

But I should've seen it coming. No one would want to go out with the school's joke. Not now, not ever. Instead, I notice he was talking to Holly, not me.

I frown and look at Casey. Her thumbs were going crazy, tapping her phone and smiling.
"Can I get you guys anything?" A waitress says, arriving next to us with a grin on her face.

"Yes, we'd like chocolate milkshakes please." I say for both me and Casey.

"And we'll have cookies and cream thanks." Holly said through gritted teeth as she glared at the waitress who was eyeing Snotlout.

She wanders off to leave us with our thoughts once again.
My phone vibrated in my pocket, so I reluctantly pulled it out and answered the call.
"Ello." I say.

"Amber where are you?" My mum asked.

"Sorry mum! I forgot to tell you, we're at a cafe. I'll come home right away."

"Okay sweetheart. Bye."

"Bye mum." I hang up the call and reached in my pocket. I pull out some money and left it on the table.

"One of you have my shake, mum needs me at home." I climb out of the seat and head out the door. But before going home, I walk down to where the water was washing over the sand and take off my shoes and socks. I stand there and let the wind blow the small, cold droplets of the ocean onto my face and body. I take a deep breath before putting my shoes back on with my backpack on my back and walk towards home sweet home.
♪───O(≧≦)O────♪
Ello! How was your day? Don't kill me cause I made Astrid like Snotlout mkay? It's just a crush, they don't get together or anything don't worry. She gets no where close to doing that.
Until next time,
PEACE ✌🏼