Chapter 2: Late Nights

Present time

ASTRID
It's like way past midnight and I'm officially about to freak out because I haven't done a single bit of my homework. For English, we need to write a book report on some book called War and Peace by L. Tolstoy and I haven't read a single page! I'm at the point where I'm going to literally rip my hair out. I tried to find a website that already had a book report on the book, but I couldn't find one. So I started reading, and it was about 1:30, when my eyes started closing, I heard a knock on my door.

I was really surprised to hear a knock at my door this late- or should I say early, and I just assumed it was my little brother Mitchell. He keeps reading these 'scary' books and getting nightmares from it. Every night he ends up knocking at my door and asking if he can sleep with me

But lucky for me it wasn't Mitchell at the door, but my mum.
"Honey? Why are you still up? I went to get a drink when I noticed your light still on. Is everything alright?" She questioned me.

I sighed, "Yeah mum, just homework again."

"Alright, how are things at school? Making friends?"

"Yeah." Is all I said. My eyes made their way back onto the book and continued reading.

"Okay Amber, just tell me if things aren't going right. You know I'm always here for you." With that, she shut the door. "And try to get some sleep!"

I sighed. I placed my hands on my laptop, getting ready to type something but nothing came up. I groaned and laid my head on the table. I reached for the book and continued reading.

It was 3 in the morning when I finished reading the entire book and typed up a quick report. I didn't care to check the mistakes, I just turned the lights off and flopped onto my nice, warm, comfy bed and closed my eyes.
I drifted off to sleep in a matter of minutes and dreamt away.

HICCUP
This book report is going to kill me eventually.

It's now 1 in the morning and even though I've read War and Peace before, I just couldn't get the facts out of my head and allow my fingers to race across the keyboard. I sighed and got out of my chair to go to my older brother Sam's room. Sam did the same book report too when he was in 11th grade.
"Sam? Do you still have your book report on War and Peace? I need it so I can do mine."

"Sure little bro, it's in the white folder under my desk. Just change some words to make it look like you didn't cheat and copy." Sam replied, barely looking up from his video game.
He'd just finished uni and came back home to Berk for his girlfriend and to spend time with me, but all he really does is play video games and jam out to his electronic music.

"Thanks Sam." I grabbed the book report out of the folder and went back to my room to type out the report. When I finished, I glanced at the time to see it was already 2.
Time goes by fast when you're having fun, am I right?

Not.

I saved the report and closed my laptop. I stretched and yawned before changing into my pyjamas, turning off the lights and snuggling deep under the warm covers of my bed. I stared at the ceiling for a while before closing my eyes, and letting the sleep overcome me.

♪───O(≧≦)O────♪
Gosh, I'm getting sleepy just reading that back! 😂
I really just want to follow them and snuggle into my bed, but nope. I just had to be in the car. Well I'm going to go listen to music and look out the window, so
Until next time,
PEACE ✌️