Chapter 26

Kai P.O.V
"Ninja get yourselves to the bridge right now!" The speaker screams. I roll my eyes and give Skylor a small smile. "Sorry, I'm pretty sure that's just Sensei wanting us to do something," I apologize and kiss her hand. Gentlemen style. I smirk at the light blush that's on Skylor's cheeks. "Well aren't you a gentleman?" Skylor smiles and puts a finger on my nose. "Hehe, that I am," I reply.

"Kai when I mean right now I mean, RIGHT NOW!" The speaker screams again. "Jeez. That's definitely Lloyd. It must be important then. Sorry, but I gotta go," I apologize again and start head out. Something grabs my hand and I look back. "Don't forget I'm some form of a ninja! I'm coming with you, in case you guys need help," Skylor insists. "I don't see why not...let's hurry," I take Skylor over to the bridge.

"Okay we're here. What's the big idea of ruining-"

"Listen to the news you air head," Cole interrupts, and flicks my head. "Hey!" I protest, then look at the screen.

It's the news channel. With some news reporter....what's so interesting about that? Honestly if it's something stupid.

"Welcome back. Today we have had 3 crimes committed in Ninjago City. One was at a tea shop and the other 2 were at exotic items shops. Now if Kelly would be so kind as to tell us more about this case," the guy then disappears and a lady comes in his place. "Thank you Nick. Now as you can see around me, the police are on the case and many people are confused about the places that were stolen from. Standing next to me is the Commissioner. So, could you tell us about this case?" Kelly turns the microphone to him. "Yes I can. The crimes have all been committed by the infamous couple, Kate and John."

Some surprised looks here and there.

"They have hurt the owners and stole random objects. We don't know what their goal is but we sure as heck will find out. We will put them behind bars," he says.

"They're gathering ingredients for potions," Sensei concludes. "Yes but what kind of potions?" Misako questions. "Sophie, I think this is a sign. A little warning call for you. They could've made it so that no one knew about the crimes, but they didn't. I'm sure they're trying to send a message," Miranda looks over at Sophie. "They want you. And they will do anything to make sure that you end up in their hands," Miranda adds. Jeez, that was harsh. It could have been said with a little more sympathy. Sophie pulls out a note. She reaches her hand out towards Miranda. "Don't look to me for comfort...I can't help you now," Miranda says and turns her back to Sophie. I will never understand this lady. "Right," Sophie pulls her hand away.

"Hey we're by your side okay?" I say.

"Don't worry, we won't let them hurt you," Nya adds and puts a hand on Sophie's shoulder.

"Don't let them get to you," Skylor advises.

"We got you back!" Jay chimes in.

"You have nothing to fear when you're with us," Cole adds.

"We'll help and support you," Zane says.

"We are family now," Lloyd reminds her.

"Thank you," Sophie smiles.

"This is nice and all but you all need to focus. They enemy is near Ninjago City. You guys need to get down there quickly. Sophie should probably stay. Skylor, you sure you want to do this?" Sensei Wu asks. Skylor isn't a force to be reckoned with, I hope you remember that. "Of course!" Skylor exclaims.

"Why can't I go? They're my parents. So technically they're my problem," Sophie asks. "You aren't fully trained yet and you still have a limit on how much power you can use in battle. You have to be careful, and we can't let them get their hands on you just like that. So you will stay here," Miranda answers sternly. Sophie bites her lip, then nods.

One minute it's all worry and love. Then the next it's total coldness. What's up with that? Miranda must be hiding something. Well, Miranda and Misako. They've been acting more secretive these days. I guess it makes sense, with the whole Kate and John thing and all.

We walk in the woods around Ninjago City. They're kinda big but not too bad. "Those 2 are like the top people in the criminal world," Skylor says. "I'm so not surprised. If they can bad mouth their own daughter and try to kill her and disown her basically, then they are evil," I reply. "You really care," Skylor notices. "About what? Kate and John? They are an issue," I tell her. "I didn't really mean that...I'm talking about Sophie," Skylor clarifies. "I guess, I mean, she's like my little sister. Even though I've only known for so long. She has a lot to learn and not the right people to teach her. I guess my big bro instincts just kicked in," I answer. "Why ask?" I question. "I was just wondering. Sophie needs some friends, like good friends, I can't be there for her but I'm glad to know someone else is," Skylor smiles.

"You 2 stop talking! You'll get us discovered!" Lloyd hisses. "Keep your green on. Gessh," I roll my eyes. I sense something behind me and quickly turn, with fire acting as a shield.

It's a potion that just burned.

"Kate and John," I announce. Sure enough, they show up. "Aw I was hoping I'll get someone with that," Kate whines. "Don't worry my killer, you'll get them next time," John smiles. Ewwwwwww!!!!!

"Now then what shall I do with this potion?" Kate wonders, swinging a potions form her hands. Before anyone can move I rush over and kick her hand. She throws the potion and it lands on Cole.

He vanishes!

"COLE!" We all yell.

"Aw. This sucks, he was good looking too," Kate frowns.

"Well I hope he enjoys his new dimension! A different version of this realty. He won't be coming back," Kate adds slyly.

"You piece of trash!" I yell and my flames grow hotter and turn white.