Chapter 21

Jay P.O.V
I'm currently tinkering with some old robot I made some time back. It was meant for scouting purposes but me being me, I'm adding a few cool tweaks.

"What're you working on?" I turn a little and see Nya walking into the room. "Oh just some old robot I was working on, some time ago," I answer and look at the blueprint again. "Can I help?" She asks, coming to my side. "If you want," I answer and scoot over the blueprints so she can see.

"MY CAKE!" I drop the screwdriver I had in my hand. "Jeez..." I mumble to myself and start to work again. The robot, which I have named Scout, is coming together nicely. I tune out the yelling I hear from outside and hum a song to myself. "It's getting pretty loud out there," Nya starts, looking towards the door. "Not like it's gonna make a difference if we go outside," I remind her. "We should still take a break. It's like almost dinner time," Nya suggests. "Alright," I agree and follow her outside.

It's utter chaos.

There's frosting and cake batter everywhere...and I mean everywhere. "What in the world happened here?!" Nya asks, looking at the frosting and batter covered people. "Uhh...I may or may not have helped blow up cake," Kai starts. "And...I might have created the idea for a prank I wanted to pull off..." Lloyd adds. "I tried to bake the cake," Cole states. "I came to check on them and found this," Zane says, pointing to the mess. "Wow," I laugh. These guys are so crazy! Nya shoots me a death glare and I stop laughing. "We gotta clean this up and fast. Otherwise it'll be no free time," Nya says and grabs some towels from a closet. This'll take ages to clean up though! "You 4 clean yourselves up first. Then come back to help us," Nya instructs and throws them the towel.

It took a while but we managed to clean up everything...and not get in trouble! Speaking of trouble...where are Sensei, Misako, Miranda and Sophie anyway? Come to think of it...I haven't seen them all day. "So who's cooking dinner?" I ask, waiting for my turn to play video games. "The chart says Lloyd," Zane answers. "Aaand we're eating pizza," Cole says. "You guys all know that I can't cook!" Lloyd reminds everyone. "Well it's still your turn," Kai shrugs, never taking his eyes off the game. Man can't they hurry up already? I wanna play! Lloyd's phone rings and he ends up losing the game. "Yes I win again!" Kai exclaims. Lloyd shakes his head and answers the phone.

After a minute he look at us with a worried expression. I glance at the other and then back at Lloyd. "Yeah...yeah okay...we'll be there as fast as we can," he then hangs up the phone. "What's wrong?" Cole asks. "Sensei says he needs us outside in the woods, whatever they all are doing there," Lloyd sighs. "If he wants us there then it can't be good...right?" He looks at all of us. "Depends in his tone...but we shouldn't keep him waiting," Nya says.

We finally found them, crouched behind a bush. "Hey gu-" Sensei cuts me off with his finger on his mouth. I crouch down too to see what's going on.

"There's no way," Misako whispers. "They are here. They know where we are..." Miranda's voice trails off. "Um, who's here?" Sophie asks. Did they just find someone or what? "It's...uh...your parents," Miranda sighs. I don't know if anyone felt a bit freaked out but I sure do. I look over the bush and see a couple.

A man and a woman.

Son of the Overlord and Misako and Miranda's sister.

The people who want to kill their own daughter to bring back the Overlord.

Pretty messed up if you ask me.

"What are we gonna do?" Zane asks, also peering over the bush. "Keep quiet and listen for now," Sensei answers.

"I can't wait!" The woman exclaims. She's definitely the same person from the docks. "Neither can I! My father is going to be alive again!" The man exclaims too. I actually can't believe that he had a son you know? So what about the Overlord's wife or whatever? "I find it rather amusing that Miranda gave her the necklace. I pity her, she was so careful. Yet she still failed. It'll all be over soon for my family anyway, and anyone else who tried to stop us," the woman shakes her head. "You know, I still like to have fun with our prisoners and all. We should do that for a bit. Like, you know what I mean," the man smirks. Wow...just wow. Hint the sarcasm. The woman gets up and so does the man. "We know you're there. All 10 of you. You didn't fool anyone," the woman calls out.

I duck my head lower, even though they already know that we're here. "No point in hiding behind that bush," the man points to bush where we're hiding. Were we THAT obvious?! "Stay calm," Sensei whispers. Although I think he meant that to Misako and Miranda. Not us.

"Ugh this is getting annoying, come out already my beloved sisters," the woman calls out in a way too sweet voice. "She's mocking us. That little," Miranda growls. "Jeez, I thought we wouldn't have to force anyone out. Oh who am I kidding? It's way more fun!" The man chuckles a little. "I sense something off," Sophie whispers, her voice shaking. I almost forgot that those 2 are her parents...but wow. They couldn't be any different... "Oh is this Sophie I hear? Wow, she sounds even more pathetic then I thought," the woman rolls her eyes. That's so inconsiderate! Not to mention down right rude! Who even does that to their own child?! "It's a mistake that she's our daughter," the man agrees. I can't believe these 2! "Well we still need you to complete out task. And boy I can't wait to get my hands on you," the woman cackles. I can actually see them better now. The woman has short brown hair and hazel eyes. The man has black hair and hazel eyes too. "Turn yourself in and we don't hurt anyone you care about," the man offers.

What the heck?! These guys are even worse than Nadakhan! Screw that! Those 2 are even more worse than all the villains we've ever faced all together! Hey, being this way to your own kids is really bad. Not to mention it totally ruins the kid!