Chapter 25

Cole P.O.V
I walk into the living room where Lloyd and Sophie were talking. It's nice to have cousins and a family you can rely on you know? It's nice to know that people have got your back. I hope Sophie realizes that we're all here for her. No one faces anything alone here...unless they choose to. I think back to the times when I newly got turned into a ghost. I was totally freaked out by it all, but I decided to not tell anyone about it. That is, until Zane confronted me about it. I didn't tell him the full truth, but he knew. "You feeling better?" I ask, smiling lightly. "Yeah, but I shouldn't worry about this right?" Sophie answers with a question. I can tell she's confused, Lloyd looks at me, giving me an almost pleading look. What does he want me to say? "Yeah, you shouldn't worry about it," I answer and pat Sophie on her head. They both laugh.

"So who's made lunch?" I ask, taking a seat near the door. "Grammar, Cole. It's 'so who has made lunch?'" Zane corrects me. "It doesn't matter," I wave my hand in a dismissive way. "You and Kai both," Nya sighs. "What is that supposed to mean?" Kai looks at his sister. "You both never care about grammar. It makes you guys look stupid sometimes. No offense," Nya answers. "Forget about grammar, let's eat!" I exclaim and reach for the burger.

"Hey every-" I turn and see Sophie clutching her heart with one hand and the other on the wall. "Sophie you okay over there?" Jay asks. Sophie doesn't answer, but falls.

I quickly catch her before she hits the ground. What's this dark power coming from? I can feel the negative energy coming from her! "Sophie? Are you alright?" I ask. "She fainted. And where's all this dark power I'm feeling coming from?" Nya questions, coming up to me. "It's coming from her," I answer. "Let's get her to Sensei," Lloyd suggests.

I carefully put down Sophie on the bed and then step back to the others. "She's fine. It's just the little dark energy she had absorbed from her parents. They were on really high levels of it. Luckily she didn't absorb too much otherwise, well you don't want to know. We should let her be for an hour. It should be long enough for her to absorb some neutral energy," Sensei explains. What a relief! Sophie had me worried there.

"What happened?!" Miranda cries and runs into the room. "Relax Miranda. It's just the dark energy she absorbed. She'll be fine. Sophie is just resting," Sensei says and puts a hand on Miranda's shoulder. "O-of course..." Miranda's voice trails off as they both turn and leave. "We should go too," I sigh.

Sophie P.O.V
I wake up to find myself in the infirmary. With Auntie coming through the door. "Auntie? What happened?" I ask, feeling confused. Honestly, I've been confused since they day I left my house. "You fainted from the dark energy you had absorbed. But it's all fine now," Auntie answers and smiles. She gives me a light kiss on my forehead. "But I hardly absorbed anything! Am I that weak or are they that dark?" I sigh. "You're not weak. You know yourself that they are that dark," Auntie answers. I look down at the floor. Do I? Why do I keep hoping that they'll turn good?

At one point I even hoped that the Overlord would turn good....

Am I being stupid or just hopeful?

Just what exactly is going on?

"Well I'll leave you alone. You must feel kinda tired," Auntie says and walks out of the door.

Yeah I'm tired.

Tired of all these secrets.

I walk out to find everyone doing their own thing. "Hey Sophie! You feeling better?" Nya asks, coming up to me. "Uh, yeah actually," I answer. "Good! Just a heads up, Kai and Skylor are in a room. I wouldn't walk in 'cause I just wouldn't. So wanna help me make some cookies?" Nya smiles. "Cookies? I think I heard of them," I ponder. "Now you're definitely gonna help with making cookies," Nya says and grabs my arm. Then takes me to the kitchen.

After explaining what happens and all we make some cookies....while having a dough fight. I throw some dough back at Nya, who tries to dodge, but can't see through all the flour. She throws some back and we continue to dirty the place. "Woah! What the heck happened here?!?!" Jay cries, coming into the kitchen. We both laugh. Nya takes some dough and winks at me. I smile back.

Smack! The dough lands right on Jay's face. He takes some off and glares at his girlfriend playfully. "Alrighty I challenge you all to a cookie dough fight! Fritz Doniguine (is that how you spell his last name?) style!" Jay exclaims and grabs some dough. I duck, while those 2 have their fun. I smile to myself while watching them 'fight'. Those two look so cute! The oven dings and I head towards it. I bring out the cookies and set them on the table. I take one and bite into it.

"Is it good?" Nya questions.

"Wait...you haven't had a cookie before?" Jay asks.

"This is good!" I say in between munches of the cookies. Nya sighs in relief while Jay is still confused. "Yes this is my first cookie," I answer Jay's question. "We gotta take Sophie on a sweet eating spree," Jay looks at Nya. I wonder what it's like to be with someone other than family that you care deeply about. Like how Jay and Nya are. "You two are so cute!" I exclaim. They both look away with a bright blush, well they have white dough all over their face, it's not that hard to tell. "Jay's right, we should take you some time," Nya smiles.

"Ninja get yourselves over to the bridge!"