Chapter 18

Sophie P.O.V

I head on outside, I step into the woods, not sure where else to go clear my mind.

Honestly I don't know what to feel.

Hurt?

Surprised?

Mad?

Upset?

Angry?

Betrayed?

Confused? That one definitely. I mean how else am I supposed to feel about finding out that everything I knew about my parents and family is all a lie? It also hurts, I'm just saying, wouldn't it be better to just tell me once I was old enough the handle the truth?

The more I think about it, the more upset and angry I feel. How stupid could I possibly be?! I saw the signs right in front of me! The sad tone of voice, the hurt in her eyes. Now I understand what author's mean when they say stuff like, 'amusement sparkled on his eyes' and stuff like that. I saw all of that yet I choose to ignore that fact that she was telling a lie.

I'm really not mad at Auntie. I'm mad at myself. I could've stopped myself from feeling this if I had just accepted the fact that she might've been lying from the start this wouldn't have happened. But of course, I'm stupid enough to not do anything about it.

UGH!

Stupid Sophie! Stupid, stupid Sophie!

I look down at my hands as they shake a little. I'm actually being hunted by my parents so they can kill me and bring back the Overlord.

If I had been out and about at the time Lloyd was fighting the Overlord...Lloyd would have to kill me.  If I was around when they fought the Overlord again...I would still have to be killed in order for the Overlord to not come back. What about now? He's not in his 'own body' anymore, meaning I'm safe for a while. But if I were to die...the Overlord would come back. The only situations where I would be killed by my friends is when the Overlord has his own body and is dying. Not a pretty thought at all...

I blink, and see my hands turning a solid black and continue to making its way up my arms.

"What in the world?!" I yell and try to get the black stuff off.

Negative emotions.

The black stuff reaches my shoulder and I take a deep breath.

Chocolate. I love chocolate, and I love books. I love reading and I love having friends, even though they are my first ones. I love how I can rely on the people around me if I don't get anything, which is often. I love how everyone is patient with me since, again, I don't know much.

I look at myself and the black stuff is gone. Red eyes cover my vision.

Next time...I'll get you. I'll make sure that you have no good feelings left or memories. I'll make sure of it.

Who is that?

Surely you know me now? Your beloved auntie just told you. Not to mention I did too.

I can feel an eye roll that is not my own.

Overlord?

The one and only. You better watch your back, wait. You probably don't even know what that means, not that you can anyway.

A laugh rings in my ears as I shake my head to get rid of it. Sighing in frustration I sit down and lean on a tree. The make up is still on me and so is the dress. I wanna change...but I feel tired. I look back at the way I came from and see trees. Just great.

I look up and see the sun slowly going down. It'll be sunset in a while. I take out my phone and plug in the headphones and turn on some music. A.k.a the combined sad playlist of all the ninja. I have to say, their playlists are really different from one another's. After a few songs I switch to another playlist. A.k.a my 'lift my spirits' playlist. I close my eyes and rest my head on the bark of the tree.

I open my eyes and see the moon shining through the trees. I look down and see multiple colored lights everywhere. Some move fast, some move slow. The moonlight is filtered from the tree leaves and its soft glow makes the colors look mystical. It's calming and such a pretty sight. I walk around, some colors following me, some putting on a show by flying around me. I find myself looking at my reflection in the pond. The makeup wasn't that heavy and for some reason my eyes are both green and purple. I lean in closet to get a better look.

SPLASH!

I come out of the water, soaking wet. "Just great Sophie!" I mumble to myself. I shake off the water from my dress and get rid of the light makeup I had on. "Well at least the makeup is off," I say. May as well get back now. I start to walk the way I came from, the lights all gone. It was probably just me seeing the different energies around me.

I run my hand through my hair multiple times to dry my hair. It's not working. There's a note on one of the trees. I walk over to it and take it in my hand. It's too dark to read. I guess I'll have to use that 'energy sight' again. I close my eyes, then I open them and see the multi-colored lights. Using my hand to pull back my bangs I read the note.

To Sophie:

I know you know about us now. My dear sister Miranda has finally told about our true nature. So watch your back dear! Mommy and daddy are coming to get their baby girl!

I throw the note on the floor and take a deep breath. No. No no no no no no!

I want it so much to not be true! But it is...I'm actually being hunted. Yet they already know where I am, and I'm here alone with no way to protect myself too...what do they have planned?

Mommy and daddy are coming to get their baby girl!